OT Cheer Flyer Tips

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Aug 28, 2014
I am currently getting ready to join a team and I want to be a flyer. I know it's going to take some time but it would be helpful if anyone had any tips for me such as( stretching,positions, bases, and things that would help) I know being a flyer you don't have to be all perfect body but I Weigh:101lb
Height:5.0
Also People say having long legs look great. Still I want to know before i decide to do it

I would do some searches (upper, right corner). Most of this info is already here.

Try that and see if you can find what you need. If you can't, I'm sure that you will get some help.

Having good flexibility (on both sides of your body) and body control are about the only things someone can control re: upping their chances of being a flyer - unless if you count keeping your weight down so that your are not overweight for your height.

Do lots of leg, back and shoulder stretching with the goal being to be able to easily pull a right and left leg heel stretch, a right and left leg bow and arrow, a right and left leg scale, and left leg scorpion (balancing on your right foot) with good form (straight knees and a pointed/non-sickled foot).

For body control do lots of core exercises (sit-ups, crunches and v-sits) and work on balancing in a liberty position w/ no hands for as long as you can focusing on using your core/stomach muscles to help you balance.

Having good flexibility (on both sides of your body) and body control are about the only things someone can control re: upping their chances of being a flyer - unless if you count keeping your weight down so that your are not overweight for your height.

Do lots of leg, back and shoulder stretching with the goal being to be able to easily pull a right and left leg heel stretch, a right and left leg bow and arrow, a right and left leg scale, and left leg scorpion (balancing on your right foot) with good form (straight knees and a pointed/non-sickled foot).

For body control do lots of core exercises (sit-ups, crunches and v-sits) and work on balancing in a liberty position w/ no hands for as long as you can focusing on using your core/stomach muscles to help you balance.
Thank you I will try this and see what happens :)

Back