Cheer For Another Country??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Team Scotland has tryouts, where we do stunts, tumbling, jumps, motions and pyramid and in the past we had to learn a dance also. Last year we had to audition in stunt groups like Team USA

http://www.cheerunion.org/aspnet_client/FreeTextBox/upload/documents/ICU_2013_Registration-Book.pdf

"All athletes are required to be permanent residents of their respective nation on the 2013 World Championship date. Federation to determine status."

Correct.

As a side note: In Germany, the rule is that each team (competing at German competitions) for CCVD are allowed only 1 member to be a national of a "pro-cheerleading oriented" country (USA and Canada), unless the person can prove they have resided in Germany for at least 5 years. No American or Canadian is allowed to compete in group or partner stunt unless they have lived in Germany for at least 5 years... This was my demise while I lived abroad :D

For Team Germany All Girl 2013 they wanted to see the following:
Girls could tryout in a group stunt (3 bases, 1 flyer) or as a tumbler.

Group Stunts:
Tumbling: 2/4 should have a standing BHS and RW + skill.
Stunts: full up, low to high and high to high tic tocs, and/or other transition skills
Flyer: at least 1 front and back body position (e.g. Stretch/Scorpion, Bow & Arrow/Scale...)
Baskets: Kick single/double, back tuck (or higher)

Tumbler: Standing tuck, RO BHS full/layout

Team Germany Coed 2013 had no requirements. But had the following requirements for 2012:

Stunter, male:
Full up, tic toc, double downs, optional standing tuck

Stunter, female:
Full up, tic toc, double downs, optional standing tuck, optional basket skills (full, double full, x-out full, step out full, pike open full)

Tumbler:
Toss shoulder stand, toss block, RO BHS full, two to full (males) or two to tuck (females), optional basket skills for females (full, double full, x-out full, step out full, pike open full)

Would it be possible/legal to be a US Citizen, but be on Team Canada's Cheer team for ICU??? Would I even be allowed to try-out??

Sorry, we require you to be a Canadian Citizen to be on Team Canada. I think other countries may allow this (Australia comes to mind), but Team Canada is all Canadian. Thank you for your interest though!

Back