All-Star Cheer Ltd Canam Myrtle Beach March 18-19

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm wondering how the dismount at 2:05 is legal?
@kingston

Downward inversions from above prep level may not be caught and/or land in an inverted position.

i'm pretty sure its legal because it doesn't twist at the top. my team last season had a girl go up above prep level do a half turn then plunge and get caught in the plunge position so since she turned at the top and was caught in an inverted position it was illegal. but since in this video shes basically doing a regular backflip so thats why it legal.

is anyone else extremely sick right now after coming back from myrtle...i live in pennsylvania, and coming back from the nice warm weather to this colder crap made me so sick! lol

i hope you never do get any deductions for it bc i love the pyramid lol.

Me too!! :) The thought didn't even cross my mind until I first saw it. I think it can definitely be considered "grey area", but thankfully when it comes down to the final decision it isn't illegal.

Yep! Just a fyi....I suck at seeing everything so I'll do my best....

Lazers - 2 SB, 1 SF, 2 tumble touchdowns or falls, 1 tumble bail. Cool dance!

That dance was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love a dance to the old skool music, and it was just Very Entertaining to me, IMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Lazers!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I will say it had been a fun comp.....wc and LI cheer are doing a great job with spirit....LI cheer with a leprachan theme and wc with a jungle theme.....some very creative costumes! Only one judging panel for level 5 seems painfully slow but the staff at canam are very entertaining on the breaks! They are also tireless with dancing and jumping around all day!
Good luck to everyone today!

Thanks!!! We did try to help keep the spirit, and Fun up!! I was the Announcer, who still can't talk much today!!!:)

Seriously this is another horribly ran comp!!! WHY is there almost ten minutes between each team!!!!!UGH

Anyhow Suns looked GREAT!!

there is 8 minutes exactly, but thhe judges do need some time to get everything right, I would believe, and there is only 1 panel, unlike level 1-4, which has alternating panels....

I'm wondering how the dismount at 2:05 is legal?
@kingston

Downward inversions from above prep level may not be caught and/or land in an inverted position.

My level 5 team did this two years ago and it was totally legal.
I think they just have to make sure that it does not actually stop in the inverted position, but continues through to the ground.

amazing video though!
and i would love to see a video of stars!

there is 8 minutes exactly, but thhe judges do need some time to get everything right, I would believe, and there is only 1 panel, unlike level 1-4, which has alternating panels....

Well considering they had so much time, you would think the judges would know how to score... a LOT of teams who won, deffinatly didn't deserve to win.

Coop, do you know why there was only one judging panel for the level 5's?? I thought the comp was great but it was really hard to get through the level 5 division with the waiting between. I guess we are used to a faster pace and we are impatient! Anyway just curious as to why.
ps....I'm the mom that won the mat in the raffle!!

Back