All-Star Cheer Program Name Ideas

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 28, 2010
Hey!

I wonder if the fierce board can help me. I am starting my own all-star cheerleading program here in Scotland. With experience and being qualified in both all-star cheer & dance, my program will compete in both categories.

I need as much input as I can as I am struggling with the overall program name, individual team names, colours etc. When I think I have found a good idea for names, I always find that another program within the UK has already done/got it.

I love the whole "military" aspect and had the idea of calling each team name under a specific role within the military (Kind of like Woodlands Elite but don't want to copy :() by calling "Mini Sergeants", "Youth Majors" etc, but feel its been done and I'm sure there is a few teams in the UK that have the same theme.

Any ideas on team names, colours etc etc would be appreciated. Please note, I do not want the colour Red & Black or Red & White or anything to do with Red - there is far too many programs in this country with the colour red haha.

Thanks again!

A few questions

1. what area are you in?
2. is there anything unique to that area?
3. is there a mascot that you want to base your gym off of?
4. is there anything that has special symbolism to you?
5. what are examples of other teams in the area?

The difficult thing about opening a gym, is that a lot of things have already been done.

A few questions

1. what area are you in?
2. is there anything unique to that area?
3. is there a mascot that you want to base your gym off of?
4. is there anything that has special symbolism to you?
5. what are examples of other teams in the area?

The difficult thing about opening a gym, is that a lot of things have already been done.

Thanks for replying!

1. The area is Glasgow which is not the capital city of Scotland but the largest city.
2. I wouldn't say there is anything unique except we live 20 minutes away from the "Loch Ness Monster" but then again, I'm not very keen on a "Scottish" theme for my program.
3. Mascots over here are not a big thing so not really.
4. Anything disney !!! Yes I am that disney-crazy person :oops: but I'm not too sure if I want it part of my program.
5. We have Gold Star that have team names to do with outer space - Galaxy, Comets, Orion etc. There is also Champion Dance & Cheer that call their teams after the colours of their program. Then there is also Rockstar, Solid Rock (calls their teams after different stones & jewels), Phoenix Flames, Electric Candy, Infinity Allstars, Limits Allstars, Cheer Evolution, Ultimate Storm, Scottish Bluebells, JC Dance & Cheer Academy (which have a fire theme for team names - Blaze, Flare, Flames then have names like Glitter, Glare) Yeah there is a good few. I am not too sure if many of these teams have separate names for each age division however.

I was thinking about an unique name for an Allstar Program-
I love the idea of Candy Allstar Elite as The Program name and Teams name are name after candy brands -
Level 1 - teams can be named after candies size and cost- such as- Jolly Rangers, Gummi Bears, etc..
Level 2- maybe Twizzlers, etc.

Because I'm reading the Outlander series, name your teams after Scottish clans [emoji12]

Jk maybe don't do that. Sorry I wasn't much help lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could do a royalty theme since you like Disney kinda relates to the Disney princesses.
Like senior all girl Queens, Duchesses
Junior all girl princesses
Coed royals, dynasty, reign
Etc.

To me, Disney goes with magic.

Gym Ideas
Cheer Magic
Glasgow Magic
Magic Elite

Teams
pixies, faeries, leprechauns, tricksters, houdinis,

Well, you have the golden eagle that is, according to Wikipedia, a big thing in Scotland (you could pick names of eagles for your teams). Plus, it gives you color ideas.

Oceanic is a cool name too (we have a hockey team in Rimouski named like that since we are a maritime city). Since you are surrounded by water and your climate is oceanic, I think it would be appropriate.

I think you have a festival too named Celtic Connections. You could use Celtic.

You have the Clyde... you could find names related to that (waves, tides.... what do I know).

I like the royal theme, which matches with your love for disney but still doesn't make it too obvious!

Possible Colors: Purple, Silver and Black
Gold, white and black
Dark green, gold and black

Maybe:
Glasgow Royals
West Central Royalty

Team names:
Have your primary color + name
Purple Princesses
Purple Queens
Purple Fairies
or
Golden Queens
Golden Pixies
Golden Dreams

If you wanted to go with a military theme the only gym in the uk I am aware of with that theme is marshals in london. Black and white or a very simple black and silver design would be good as most the teams are going with colour. However I think yur best best is to stay away from warm colours because of the amount of teams in your area with red and gold. I think something like Glasgow elite is simple yet effective or you could use your initials and have (insert initials) academy or elite or allstars

Valley Elite uses candy names for their teams.
Yes, I know... I thought using the Candy theme a program can really extend, get creatuve and grow, if more teams are needed.... I thought too, the variety of colors for uniforms too. Teams can have names like Skittles, M&Ms (maybe Mini teams), Reese's Cups and Pieces, Starburst, 3 Musketeers (Level 3) , etc...

Since you said you loved Disney and loads of people were suggesting a princess/royalty theme my suggestion is Crown Athletics. Each one can have a name such as Princesses, Duchesses, Royals, etc. Slogan for the team as a collective could then be "The Royal Family" or "The Crown Jewels" and colour scheme I would love to see as its not used a lot is deep green, gold and black.

Yes, I know... I thought using the Candy theme a program can really extend, get creatuve and grow, if more teams are needed.... I thought too, the variety of colors for uniforms too. Teams can have names like Skittles, M&Ms (maybe Mini teams), Reese's Cups and Pieces, Starburst, 3 Musketeers (Level 3) , etc...
I would be hesitant about naming any team after an existing brand, I can just see the problems piling up already...

Back