All-Star Cheer Update And Cheer Issues

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

@quitthedrama I believe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are correct. CP is on the coed team. Go Cocks! :)
I don't know a lot about their tryout process for male athletes so contacting the coach is best. From what I do know, you will need some skills but the criteria on the tryout documentation is more for female athletes - it is fairly hard to make either all-girl or coed.
However, the most important thing is getting accepted and it is harder to get accepted than other schools, and because cheer is not a sport there really isn't much the coaching staff can do to help you get accepted. And more important than that is picking a college that offers the best fit for you for EDUCATION, student body, etc - cheerleading aside. Cheer should not be the most important factor on where you go to college. I feel more strongly about that now than I did during CPs college selection process.

The real question here is, why would you go to USC when you could go to Clemson? ;)

Take care of your mama. You don't have to stop living your life, but I also had a parent on the transplant list when I was your age and in 20 years you won't care about whether or not you cheered Allstar, you will probably wish you'd just spent more time at home when it mattered.

The real question here is, why would you go to USC when you could go to Clemson? ;)

Take care of your mama. You don't have to stop living your life, but I also had a parent on the transplant list when I was your age and in 20 years you won't care about whether or not you cheered Allstar, you will probably wish you'd just spent more time at home when it mattered.
Clemson doesn't have theater or music education degree. Also my mom won't let me know what's all going on.

Clemson doesn't have theater or music education degree. Also my mom won't let me know what's all going on.

Not to be blunt or harsh (and I'm sorry in advance), but if she won't let you know the full extent of what all is going on, it's probably more than you realize and she doesn't want you to worry more or feel like you have to choose between her and cheer(or life in general).

I second what was just said. Spend time with your mom and when she gets better you'll have a stronger bond. Tumbling and stunting classes will be q good escape/break but the commitment of cheer should take a back seat for now.

Sending you and your momma positive thoughts and lots of hugs. <3

Not to be blunt or harsh (and I'm sorry in advance), but if she won't let you know the full extent of what all is going on, it's probably more than you realize and she doesn't want you to worry more or feel like you have to choose between her and cheer(or life in general).

I second what was just said. Spend time with your mom and when she gets better you'll have a stronger bond. Tumbling and stunting classes will be q good escape/break but the commitment of cheer should take a back seat for now.

Sending you and your momma positive thoughts and lots of hugs. <3

I know what's wrong with her but I don't know her doctors appointments and when she has to go to Charleston for her tumor. Thanks I sure will give her the hugs and positive thoughts.

Honest question. How is it possible to do marching band and school cheer at the same time. Cp17 has never been interested in high school school cheer (it's not a big thing in our area), he does all star, but as a drum major for the last three years I don't even see how doing both marching band and cheer would be possible on football Friday night without not being 100% committed to either one. It was bad enough for cp17 to have to leave Tuesday evening rehearsals (the only time the band could get the stadium) 30 minutes early to get to AS cheer practice 30 minutes late and that was only during marching competition season (which gratefully ends right before AS competition season starts).

Unless band and school cheer operate differently where you're from I just don't see how you can do both at the same time and give a solid effort to them both.

I did both in high school. I cheered the first two quarters, left about 5 minutes left, ran to the high school to change into band unifom, back to march halftime then back to change and finish last two quarters. During basketball I played with the band during half time.

02d8796178c558c0e4b0e3dbd728e3fc.jpg

You are correct. CP is on the coed team. Go Cocks! :)
I don't know a lot about their tryout process for male athletes so contacting the coach is best. From what I do know, you will need some skills but the criteria on the tryout documentation is more for female athletes - it is fairly hard to make either all-girl or coed.
However, the most important thing is getting accepted and it is harder to get accepted than other schools, and because cheer is not a sport there really isn't much the coaching staff can do to help you get accepted. And more important than that is picking a college that offers the best fit for you for EDUCATION, student body, etc - cheerleading aside. Cheer should not be the most important factor on where you go to college. I feel more strongly about that now than I did during CPs college selection process.
I giggle every time you say Go Cocks.

**If a FP bid is less $$ than you paid to attend the competition was it really worth it?**

I giggle every time you say Go Cocks.

**If a FP bid is less $$ than you paid to attend the competition was it really worth it?**
My 23 year old nephew is super protective of his cousins. She posted a picture on IG of her holding the COCKS sign. He immediately texted DH saying she can't cheer there anymore :D:D
It's a rooster y'all :p

Well northwestern is one of my choices furman, Florida state and university of Florida, and Dike university

My 23 year old nephew is super protective of his cousins. She posted a picture on IG of her holding the COCKS sign. He immediately texted DH saying she can't cheer there anymore :D:D
It's a rooster y'all :p
Lol

Back