College Cheering In The Sec?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Kentucky's white squad reminds me a lot like Kentucky's blue squad with mostly small girls (though the squad consists mainly of freshmen and sophomores) but they are both talented squads (the white squad has won numerous CHEERSPORT titles over the years just like the blue squad which has won 22 UCA titles). Thoughts?

They have some of the tiniest flyers in college cheer, across both squads. As stated upthread, they aren't afraid to tell girls they are too big, at 5' tall an under 100 lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have some of the tiniest flyers in college cheer, across both squads. As stated upthread, they aren't afraid to tell girls they are too big, at 5' tall an under 100 lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have had taller flyers than 5'0. They use to list their height in the past and I remember them having a girl or two around 5'3. I know that's still short but I've noticed that their guys aren't really tall themselves.

They have had taller flyers than 5'0. They use to list their height in the past and I remember them having a girl or two around 5'3. I know that's still short but I've noticed that their guys aren't really tall themselves.
There are always exceptions to a general rule or trend, but the trend remains.

Unless I was lied to, not one current member on the top squad ( I get blue and white mixed up) is taller than 5'1. This is from a Mom and her daughter that is trying out for the squad. They have visited many times. She is 5 feet tall. It is the first time in her life she has felt tall.

Last edited:
Unless I was lied to, not one current member on the top squad ( I get blue and white) mixed up is taller than 5'1. This is from a Mom and her daughter that is trying out for the squad. They have visited many times. She is 5 feet tall. It is the first time in her life she has felt tall.
I felt excited and so tall when I realized that I was taller than my Zumba instructor. I'm always the short one. So finding someone shorter than you is always a good feeling lol. And yes you feel so tall.

Very old roster. They stopped posting heights on their rosters a long time ago. You can google and search other older rosters. They are all very similar. I think it is funny one girl is listed as 5' .5 Instead of just rounding up to 5'1. The top squad, Blue squad goes up to 5'2. The white squad goes up to 5'3. Wonder why basketball team rosters still list height, but the huge majority of Cheer teams have stopped.

2003-04 Cheerleading Teams | UK Wildcats News 2003-2004

Yes, but there is a post where King points out in CoEds having a short flyer is an advantage.

The thought is the SEC is a major college sports conference so people should know it but in reality not everyone cares a whole lot about college sports. Not sure my DW or any of my kids could name more than 1 or 2 college conferences.

**Anon posting services available. Just PM details**

Back