College Cheering In The Sec?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Love this. The SEC and their fans think of themselves as a global brand on par with Apple and McDonald's. This is great.
I don't follow college cheer or sports a lot, I know the names of them but level 6 cheer doesn't interest me
I also live in NH and College cheer is just now starting to get big around here

That's all.

I don't follow college cheer or sports a lot, I know the names of them but level 6 cheer doesn't interest me
I also live in NH and College cheer is just now starting to get big around here

That's all.
Agreed college cheer is not big at all in New England. College sports in general aren't. UMass and Boston College are the biggest and I have been to about 2 football games a year for each and I don't think there were 5,000 people there. It's a whole different world in the SEC and big schools in other conferences.

Last edited:
DWRRS-2.jpg

This is what an SEC football game looks like. This is for every home game.

DWRRS-2.jpg

This is what an SEC football game looks like. This is for every home game.

Well if you want to use Arkansas as an example........... Just being snarky. When my daughter retired from all star and moved onto college cheer I have been shocked by the messages on some of the SEC sports social media between schools. The comments there are worse than anything heard at cheer comps - even by drunk parents. I tell ya, there is nothing off limits.

Last edited:
Well if you want to use Arkansas as an example........... Just being snarky. When my daughter retired from all star and moved onto college cheer I have been shocked by the messages on some of the SEC sports social media between schools. The comments there are worse than anything heard at cheer comps - even by drunk parents. I tell ya, there is nothing off limits.
I used Arkansas as an example since my oldest is a student there. I could have chosen any of the SEC schools. The atmosphere at the home football games is so exciting.

I used Arkansas as an example since my oldest is a student there. I could have chosen any of the SEC schools. The atmosphere at the home football games is so exciting.

I was joking - I love all the rivalry between the schools!

Cheerleading as a rule is also not very popular in the Pacific Northwest though Washington State University is making some strides.

Manitoba doesn't really....we're just boring. I'm pretty sure our universities don't even have cheer teams any more. I know for sure U of M doesn't

Like I said - no where in Canada does really.
Queen's and Western are probably the most SEC-y and even then, it would be laughable for any of the US schools to see...

Back