All-Star Cheerleaders Season 3?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If we're going to start talking about silly things everyone should know... My best friend is the absolute sweetest girl on the planet and I love her to death. In her junior year of college she took a film class. One of the assignments was to write a paper about an animated movie of your choice. She wanted to write about Jaws because she thought animated meant it had an animal in it :oops:

I told my friend that I got this great deal on a makeup purchase. I said "I got $75 worth of makeup for $25." She couldn't get what that meant. She said oh you mean you get makeup until you're 25 yrs old. I tried to explain it to her a few times. She still didn't get it.

My best friend, Nicole, is, at times, the epitome of dumb blonde. One day at work, her brother and I were talking about how annoying it was in elementary school when you had to write down adjectives for every letter of your name and how some are hard to do when she joined the conversation. She complained about how no good words started with N except "nice" and "knowledgeable". Knowledgeable. She has a college degree and is teaching English in South Korea. Ironic. After that I jokingly said "and 'gnarly'" and she said "oh yeah, that's another good one." Im still so amazed.

Fierceboard Grammar Elitists? They are not the main problem on this site.

To be honest, I am more worried about the about the tumbling and team level elitists. You know, the ones who like to dictate that other kids should be "moved to rec" or find another sport if they don't move up according to their timeline? The ones who are so busy bragging about their child's success that they are willing to dismiss the hard work that others put into the sport too. My mind is still blown at the audacity that someone would come on this site and judge other kids' progression. I know that her posts come under fire nearly everyday. Imo, her grammar mistakes wouldn't be as noticeable, if the poster's history did not warrant scrutiny of her posts, due to previous lies, embellishments, and provocative arguments.

Wasn't that thread months ago? She did not say that if a child did not reach a certain level they should be moved to rec. I took it as more of a question along the lines of "what is success to your family, and if that "success" doesn't happen do you move to a less competitive environment"

I don't think anyone meant to belittle any children in that thread. Honestly.

Forgive the derailment, but I had a girl I studied abroad with ask me when we were outside the Anne Frank house in Amsterdam if "Anne Frank died recently" .. because she was confused why there was such a long line to get in. "

Mind you this is after she had said a few days earlier in our class that she had to read the book when she was younger in school and found the story "so inspiring"....

truthfully the most *uhhhhh* moment of my life

I am writing this one more comment about grammar and hopefully we can get back to regular scheduled programming - Cheerleading Season 3---

Ding! Ding! Ding!

I have to :shimmy: Getsum - the term for breaking down and studying sentences is dissecting, but to be honest, I never heard it being called diagramming a sentence, but maybe in other parts of the country it is... Conjugating occurs mostly in World language classes with verb forms... Just wanted to give credit to some and clear up any mistakes I made with a wrong terminology...

Serious note: I wanted so badly to defend myself against allegations that a certain poster is throwing about and again, deflecting the discussion, :deadhorse: but I choose to take the high road and let it roll off my back...:fro:

I am writing this one more comment about grammar and hopefully we can get back to regular scheduled programming - Cheerleading Season 3---

Ding! Ding! Ding!

I have to :shimmy: Getsum - the term for breaking down and studying sentences is dissecting, but to be honest, I never heard it being called diagramming a sentence, but maybe in other parts of the country it is... Conjugating occurs mostly in World language classes with verb forms... Just wanted to give credit to some and clear up any mistakes I made with a wrong terminology...

Serious note: I wanted so badly to defend myself against allegations that a certain poster is throwing about and again, deflecting the discussion, :deadhorse: but I choose to take the high road and let it roll off my back...:fro:
Start googling diagramming and see what comes up. Then, do the same with dissecting.

I have lived in three states in three different areas of the U.S. It has been diagramming in all of them. The only dissecting that was done in school was in Biology. :cookie:

I'll just leave this here and then I'm done...
Diagramming Sentences

And BTW it was said in that thread months ago that if your child was not progressing then maybe this wasn't the sport for them and they should move to a rec level. I was very involved in the discussion and have no problem copying the link over here to refresh what was said but this is not the thread for that.
This is a free country and a forum on the internet, we do not have to all get along and if I think your a moron I'm probably going to tell you. Last, for everyone who thinks that the Fierceboard has turned into "meanie central"...well...it's obvious you weren't here back during prox or imisstheproxboards...if you think this is bad you would have been curled in a corner rocking and wishing for hot cocoa.

So...........how about that first episode? *whistles*

I wonder how Gabi's decision to leave has affected Angel since it appears that her goal was to cheer together on the same team.

I think Gabi going home will be a good thing, but I remember in Season 1 she was very honest that she didn't leave TG on good standings and she was going to SMOED for a better shot at a ring since that was her dream. Don't know what happened between her and TG, nor do I really care but I can't see her going back.

I appreciate her dad clearing some stuff up...hopefully she still cheers for her enjoyment, even if she's not competing this season. Best of luck to her.

Back