All-Star Cheerleaders Season 3?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

That was the initial reason posted..which was fine. Ok, her mom's going to Cali to teach power tumbling, she's obviously pretty skilled at that, they're doing a Rio Exhibition in a few years, might as well prep now. Maybe that's where the major facility is for power tumbling, I know the elite ones tend to be scattered.

The whole part about her 'education' being a major factor just threw me off, considering the education she's getting could be done anywhere.

Side thought: In a weird way- I don't know that it's about trying to hand-pick a ring at all. I think it's about trying to hand-pick an experience, which is common of kids in the 'millennial' generation. Fitting in is so psychologically important it's practically crippling, and many rate their ability to find meaning/enjoying what they're doing as the UTMOST priority. They're not interested so much in doing what's expected or typical, they have lofty ideals about 'unique' and 'special' situations/lives which are all-too-often unattainable. The 'You-can-make-it-happen-if-you-believe-and-try' mentality is a lovely pep talk, but the practical reality leaves a lot to be desired and many miserable because they're not getting what they expect to happen. "Special Snowflake" isn't just in relation to themselves as people, but in to the situations/experiences they expect to encounter. The difference is that compared to most parents, there is someone capable of footing the bill. I'm not saying it's the case all the way around, but it explains the phenomenon pretty well.
Yes to this.

....I thought Gabby racked up a huge bill at Chows and didn't pay it. Also her family wanted to go to LA and live off Gabby's dime and be "actors"

She eventually paid it. Eventually came back and now she's gone again

Neither here nor there though.
She went to LA, did some stuff there. Decided to come back, went to Chow's, they were happy to have her apparently. And I guess they parted on good terms according to the gym.

She's apparently living with her grandmother. Her statement was that she was being pushed to do things she wasn't ready for yet. I think she wants to ease her way back into competition. I wonder if Chow's was worried they'd have another Shawn Johnson who didn't give herself enough time to prepare/come back and shut herself out.

Also neither her nor there :D

tumblr_llvwclh9hW1qfg7vpo1_500.gif

I cant wait to see these moves in smoeds routine.

P.S. - I will shimmy anything that has to do with The Office.

Trinity was 'other gym' I mentioned - apologies didn't by name. I don't know if this is true but heard one of reasons she left is bc became injured and lost point to Megan Glisson?
Regarding filming w Cheerleader Mag(vs her own show whatever she's alluded to etc) sounds like could be very positive for bringing the sport of cheer more recognition and filming at/ highlighting another a great gym very positive for the sport.

While it does appear Mads is running point for SMOED, when you look at the 5 flyers it makes sense because of a height thing. Mads is the tallest, and with J gone to balance out M; the new balance to P is Gabi. The younger two are about the same size as well on the ends.

From a visual standpoint, it makes sense.

Totally random, but whatever happened to Cody? I went back and watched a Cali camp episode because I wanted to pay more attention to the stunting sections and in the episode where they talked about Tyler not being able to hack it because of partner stunting (Orby's words, not mine!) he mentioned that they had a boy named Cody who was just waiting to take over and fill a spot.

From the two new boys, it doesn't appear either are Cody...what gives?

And, also, the Berkeley girl appears to have made the team? She is in all the pictures and when you count numbers it equals 20.

I am glad that you corrected me...and I know what I will be doing later tonight. Going thru old Worlds videos and seeing what all the fuss is about :) because I am cheer geeky like that.

Almost all of their medals are in the international divisions I believe, so I can understand why you'd think that.

Have you seen The Mindy Project? It's by Mindy Kaling, she played Kelly on The Office and she was a writer for it too. Its amazing and they use a lot of the old Office actors in the show.
No but I want to! I was hoping to watch it after I just re-watched all the seasons of The Office, but it wasn't on Netflix :(

Totally random, but whatever happened to Cody? I went back and watched a Cali camp episode because I wanted to pay more attention to the stunting sections and in the episode where they talked about Tyler not being able to hack it because of partner stunting (Orby's words, not mine!) he mentioned that they had a boy named Cody who was just waiting to take over and fill a spot.

From the two new boys, it doesn't appear either are Cody...what gives?

And, also, the Berkeley girl appears to have made the team? She is in all the pictures and when you count numbers it equals 20.

Cody is the one from Snipers. Pretty sure he's on the team now. Berkeley girl too

I needed to share this anecdote: GT was one of the first major gyms I saw at a competition when I first began all star and was pretty clueless on how difficult the sport can get. They had a group warming up stunting at the Indy convention center for WSF in 06 or 07...my mom and I stood there and watched them with our jaws open. This was the year after they had won worlds in Large Limited Coed I believe? (when they had the awesome whirly bird transition and spelled out G Y M T Y M E) It always stuck with me as one of the first times I realized "This sport is just beginning." I know that they haven't medaled a ton except in international divisions since then, but man....they are just impressive and I can't wait to see what unfolds this season for them!

ETA: @Mclovin was my coach that year/my first year and helped me to do my first BHS by myself on a trampoline! I am so grateful for her support! (sorry I am just having so many flashbacks now!)

I needed to share this anecdote: GT was one of the first major gyms I saw at a competition when I first began all star and was pretty clueless on how difficult the sport can get. They had a group warming up stunting at the Indy convention center for WSF in 06 or 07...my mom and I stood there and watched them with our jaws open. This was the year after they had won worlds in Large Limited Coed I believe? (when they had the awesome whirly bird transition and spelled out G Y M T Y M E) It always stuck with me as one of the first times I realized "This sport is just beginning." I know that they haven't medaled a ton except in international divisions since then, but man....they are just impressive and I can't wait to see what unfolds this season for them!

ETA: @Mclovin was my coach that year/my first year and helped me to do my first BHS by myself on a trampoline! I am so grateful for her support! (sorry I am just having so many flashbacks now!)

Omgosh!! You made my day!!! I miss those days.

Latest posts

Back