OT Cheerleading Analogies

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Feb 20, 2010
For a secret Santa gift for my cheerleading coach I'm making her a book of cheerleading analogies but I'm having a hard time finding/creating some. If any creative minds out there could help me out it would be greatly appreciated :)

When my flyers sink their butt in sponges, I tell them they're "sitting on the toilet." Similarly, I tell my mini flyers to cradle "like a banana," meaning with a hollow, slightly curved body and arms to the sides.

For the butt thing in sponges i say: Where´s the duck?
Lately on a camp one of my flyers was told to just "look at her brain" while the full up because she was turning her head. It worked for her, she now just follows with her eyes and keeps her head in, but "look at your brain" is now used a lot at practise for the other girls ^^

Are you looking for universal sayings like "pinch a penny"? Because we all have stuff we say to our kids that probably wouldn't make much sense to others (I'm looking at you @GreenStorm --where's the duck?! Lmao!!)
For instance we tell our flyers to "throw the broccoli" in full/double full/kick full baskets. It helps them to remember to wrap fast and tight.
We tell everyone to "pop their ponytails" to stand up fast and sharp. And to "dance their bows out" so they'll work it in the dance.

Are you looking for universal sayings like "pinch a penny"? Because we all have stuff we say to our kids that probably wouldn't make much sense to others (I'm looking at you @GreenStorm --where's the duck?! Lmao!!)
For instance we tell our flyers to "throw the broccoli" in full/double full/kick full baskets. It helps them to remember to wrap fast and tight.
We tell everyone to "pop their ponytails" to stand up fast and sharp. And to "dance their bows out" so they'll work it in the dance.

You´re right - it´s things that we through out at practise and it gets a phrase everyone knows, but if a stranger would listen to the stuff i say to my girls - i guess i´d get a phone number from a psychatric doc ^^
It´s funny to listen to a video from a full out and not watch the routine, just listen to me yelling (not yelling in a bad way) all these things.

I´m not sure if this one is inappropriate, but my senior team is a level 6 with mostly adults, so if a flyer is not tight or doesn´t get how to squeeze, i tell them they should think how you do pelvic base excercises. Works, so we stick to it. :oops:

When doing co-ed walk-ins I always used to pick up my foot and it would like go around the guys head, I called it orbiting.

Back