All-Star Cheersource Competition (Vegas)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 18, 2016
I'm not one to make threads, but I am curious if anybody knows anything about this event. Our gym is attending and it's so hard to find any useful information on the internet, including social media. The website is pretty obscure on everything, and it seems just all around like a rather strange 'competition'. Some interesting things that make it stand out:

-No bids are being awarded, just cash prizes (up to $60,000)
-All teams compete on Saturday, but only those who win their divisions compete on Sunday for the cash prizes (against all other division winners of the same level? I believe?)
-'Classes' that athletes can take when not competing (skills camps, hip hop class, etc.)

It feels very similar to dance conventions I attended when I was a teenager, rather than a competition event. I'm just curious if others have heard any concrete details on this event and, if so, what their thoughts are on it. Mostly I'm just curious and confused, especially since I have no idea how many gyms are planning to attend (it's the same weekend as GSSA, which is awarding bids and seems like it would be the better pick for most teams).

I haven't heard anything, but the concept of this is interesting. I love the idea of clinics and classes... Anything to get a bit more bang for the buck is a win for me. I hope it actually happens and we can get some feedback.

I haven't heard anything, but the concept of this is interesting. I love the idea of clinics and classes... Anything to get a bit more bang for the buck is a win for me. I hope it actually happens and we can get some feedback.
I love the class/clinic option as well. It give athletes opportunities to learn something from a different coaching perspective and/or outside their given positions within the team that they often don't get the opportunity to do in their own gym.

Alas, due to the rising COVID cases the event is being cancelled, so we won't know how much of a success or how well-run it would've been, at least not this year.

With that being said, I'd love to see competitions start to offer something more than just 'compete and be done', so maybe this will inspire some others.

Back