All-Star Cheersport 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Bids to be announced on Monday as opposed to Sunday to give judges time to choose correctly and compare across panels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree with this. I often wonder how they could figure out the bids correctly in the short amount of time between the end of sessions and the awards...especially for those who perform late at night. It's not as exciting of course to find out when you get home, but I would rather it be done right!!!

This is my cp14s first shot at a summit bid (we decline accepting wildcards before hand) and most of these kids have never been in a bid situation. If they're lucky enough to get one it's going to be a terribly anti-climactic moment. I guess we'll golf clap around a laptop screen....hopefully.

This just points to a broken score system. That is the bare bones honest truth of the situation. Kids get no recognition, no excitement. Heck many will be in practice or in school, whenever the announcement is made. All the official officials get to "cya" each other. Now you know why so many parents are fed up with paying this insane amount of money for cheer.

. . .

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByFierce Board1422640264.252101.jpg
    ImageUploadedByFierce Board1422640264.252101.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 695
Last edited:
I understand the sadness about losing the bid moment... but especially for CHEERSPORT, I think this is a good idea. Getting worlds bids right for that small percentage of the competition is one thing. but getting the summit bids right for almost every level and division isn't going to be easy. ESPECIALLY because CHEERSPORT does 436456352 division splits. there's been uproars on here when small coed A got the paid worlds bid and small coed B didn't or they had a higher score and didn't get the bid etc. etc. I wish they'd stop splitting divisions like they do (reason why I don't rank a cheersport win as highly as NCA/Summit/Worlds. not that the winners aren't great, but when you're one of 3 winners of small senior 2 large gym, it gets ridiculous.)

I think this is extremely fair and applaud them for trying to do something to get it right. it points to a much more serious scoresheet problem and I hope the coaches angry and ranting about the delayed bid are voicing their opinions equally as loud about scoresheets.

I have been voicing my opinion on judging scoring issues for many years, As long as I continue to work with cheer programs I will do so, until things are fixed and fair for everyone that competes.

if your post is in response to me, I didn't mean you! Just the random, very active coaches on twitter who seem to be in an uproar. I hope they're also shouting about the reasons why bid announcements need to wait until the next day.

I understand the sadness about losing the bid moment... but especially for CHEERSPORT, I think this is a good idea. Getting worlds bids right for that small percentage of the competition is one thing. but getting the summit bids right for almost every level and division isn't going to be easy. ESPECIALLY because CHEERSPORT does 436456352 division splits. there's been uproars on here when small coed A got the paid worlds bid and small coed B didn't or they had a higher score and didn't get the bid etc. etc. I wish they'd stop splitting divisions like they do (reason why I don't rank a cheersport win as highly as NCA/Summit/Worlds. not that the winners aren't great, but when you're one of 3 winners of small senior 2 large gym, it gets ridiculous.)

I think this is extremely fair and applaud them for trying to do something to get it right. it points to a much more serious scoresheet problem and I hope the coaches angry and ranting about the delayed bid are voicing their opinions equally as loud about scoresheets.
I agree about division splits. I was looking at small coed division I and II and it's....interesting.

Back