All-Star Cheersport 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Was this at the end of the night on Saturday in B1? This team was one a few before my daughters. I saw it too and I thought to myself.....oooooo, big deduction and he's in some serious trouble. Figured he was a level 5 kid and threw the wrong skill, and it was all by itself so it was sort of weird. I told my kids about it and they said he threw it in warm-ups too, so then I knew it was not a mistake. A little weird, though.
yes it was in B1. I thought that you couldn't throw level 5 tumbling on a level 4 team. Why else have rules? But they didn't get deducted for it....I don't understand. Why be on a level 4 team if you can throw a standing full??? You obviously can throw a standing back tuck and I don't believe throwing a 'corkscrew trick' gets you more points.

A corkscrew and a standing full are not the same thing. Which did they do?
They did a standing full but our coaches were told they did a corkscrew and it was a trick....I did not realize they were 2 different things

A corkscrew and a standing full are not the same thing. Which did they do?
okay I looked up what a corkscrew is...the boy did a standing full....I don't know why we were told it was a corkscrew but there was no deduction for throwing it on a level 4 team

It's not a standing full

Now do I think it should be legal in level 4 I would say no but it looks like this team found a way around it

I just watched that a bunch of times. I can see how it looked like a standing full, but it's not. My daughter's gym has parkour classes and that looks very much like something they do a lot. His head is always up, he's just kind of spinning on his side...he never goes upside down.

Eta: I just showed the video to my daughter and she recognized it as parkour right away. The boys on her team came from parkour and do this all the time (not in their routine).

Last edited:
question, a level 4 team has an athlete throw a standing full instead of a standing tuck....the judges didn't give them a deduction for that, they called it a corkscrew and called it a 'trick'. I am confused, I thought if you throw the wrong tumbling you get a deduction....can anyone clarify?

I've seen it in extreme martial arts but, never cheer.....

ACX Wildjags had a bunch of funky "tricking" in their routine a few years ago. Granted, they were level 5 but I've always wondered if it was scored as tumbling.

ACX Wildjags had a bunch of funky "tricking" in their routine a few years ago. Granted, they were level 5 but I've always wondered if it was scored as tumbling.
Love those guys (and Coach Donnie). We have some of the parkour guys who come to our gym to work out too.

Love those guys (and Coach Donnie). We have some of the parkour guys who come to our gym to work out too.
That's how they recruited enough males to go Large Coed in the first place. A few of the guys who were already on their small coed team got into the tricking stuff, met friends and then recruited them into cheer. Now many of them have aged out but still have a soft spot for it. Wildjags is returning as an open team with many of them on it. Not sure when their debut will be but I've seen them practicing several times.

That's how they recruited enough males to go Large Coed in the first place. A few of the guys who were already on their small coed team got into the tricking stuff, met friends and then recruited them into cheer. Now many of them have aged out but still have a soft spot for it. Wildjags is returning as an open team with many of them on it. Not sure when their debut will be but I've seen them practicing several times.

A parent was questioning the idea of having these kids in the gym and a coach said "you WANT these boys here. This is one of the ways boys become interested in cheer."

Back