All-Star Cheersport 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

question, a level 4 team has an athlete throw a standing full instead of a standing tuck....the judges didn't give them a deduction for that, they called it a corkscrew and called it a 'trick'. I am confused, I thought if you throw the wrong tumbling you get a deduction....can anyone clarify?

why are there no videos of the awards?
I brought my wristband up to the photo booth to get the video and they said there was no vendor doing video and that the vendor I purchased the wristband from at WSF will no longer be doing any video taping at Cheersport.....no other explaination. Obviously that is why they changed their minds and let everyone videotape on their phones (which is not the quality video I wanted). Very disappointed.

Does anyone have a video of the bid announcements? We were still on a plane during the big reveal.

definitely should have been a deduction..
thanks, that's what i thought but they only deducted for their 2 stunt falls. I have never heard of someone calling it a 'trick' and I figured they would've gotten a safety deduction....silly me

question, a level 4 team has an athlete throw a standing full instead of a standing tuck....the judges didn't give them a deduction for that, they called it a corkscrew and called it a 'trick'. I am confused, I thought if you throw the wrong tumbling you get a deduction....can anyone clarify?
A corkscrew and a standing full are not the same thing. Which did they do?

Was this at the end of the night on Saturday in B1? This team was one a few before my daughters. I saw it too and I thought to myself.....oooooo, big deduction and he's in some serious trouble. Figured he was a level 5 kid and threw the wrong skill, and it was all by itself so it was sort of weird. I told my kids about it and they said he threw it in warm-ups too, so then I knew it was not a mistake. A little weird, though.

Last edited:
There is a parent on here whose kid bases a well-known flyer on a well-known team (I think it was at CEA or WC?) She posted that her kid has the "most famous hands in cheer."

I thought that was hilarious.
Lol... May have been me or the wife. Our CP bases point YE flyer, and we have said that on here :).

Some made a BEAUTIFUL edit of her flyer yesterday... My only comment- look honey, there are your hands again!

#baseproblems

Lol... May have been me or the wife. Our CP bases point YE flyer, and we have said that on here :).

Some made a BEAUTIFUL edit of her flyer yesterday... My only comment- look honey, there are your hands again!

#baseproblems

Yes. I think it was one of you!

Back