All-Star Cheersport 2018 Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Also wondering why no bid for Charlotte Teal? I wouldn't think they would only be going for a paid, but I guess it's a possibility.

ETA: Jk they already have one, was looking at it wrong. Still think they should have been paid.

I keep posting, but and... one of the lowest scoring teams who got last in their division got an at-large. I'm not usually one to get confused by these things, but this one's a little weird.

I counted it out earlier, 26 D1 champions already had bids and 19 in D2. Last year there were 20 at-larges in each and 2 paids for D2/5 paids for D1.

So basically the same # of at-larges were given out this year, but more paids. Very interesting. I wonder if we will see approximately the same thing happen next Monday when NCA bids are given out.

wow. pretty confused how some of these worlds teams got paid bids. like placing 4th and still getting paid. yet a 2nd place team that scores very high gets an at large..... strange
I am glad that I wasn't the only one who got confused when seeing the bid distribution.

I honestly thought Top Dog Rain deserved the paid over Coed Elite, especially considering Coed Elite didn’t even place in the top 3. Both teams competed in B5 too, so the judging panel was the same and Rain scored a lot higher.
I couldn't agree more

Also wondering why no bid for Charlotte Teal? I wouldn't think they would only be going for a paid, but I guess it's a possibility.

ETA: Jk they already have one, was looking at it wrong. Still think they should have been paid.

Ha! They are looking so good this season Teal has become one of my CP's favorites they are hot this year.

I am glad that I wasn't the only one who got confused when seeing the bid distribution.

Exactly.

So I hearing summit bids are being passed down if the team in their divisions already have bids? Has anyone else heard this?

Or can paid bids go to non-winners?

First, I think they should just say hey take it or leave it? No passing down or upgrades PERIOD. Second, I fear that I may never understand how the EP's don't know whether a team has already received a bid or not before they announce the bid winners. How hard is it to fact check that info? I mean hello, you are writing large checks to bank roll a team in some capacity JS

I kinda think that they hand out iffy paid bids to teams that are people are more familiar with.....? TBH, CE hasn't been placing in the top three these past couple worlds...

I kinda think that they hand out iffy paid bids to teams that are people are more familiar with.....? TBH, CE hasn't been placing in the top three these past couple worlds...

CE was World Champion 3 years ago and have been finalist and top 5 the last 2 years. I didn't see their CheerSport performance, but there is nothing "iffy" about CE. If they only gave paid bids to teams that were top 3 in both of the last 2 years, there wouldn't be very many paid bids going out.

Last edited:
i doubt they hand out bids due to popularity of a team, like someone said above theyve won worlds, and have placed in the top 3 at worlds for god knows how many years...
i mean looking back the one year tglc was given a bid over CE, when CE placed higher (and tglc gave coed their bid).... So it does happen

i doubt they hand out bids due to popularity of a team, like someone said above theyve won worlds, and have placed in the top 3 at worlds for god knows how many years...
i mean looking back the one year tglc was given a bid over CE, when CE placed higher (and tglc gave coed their bid).... So it does happen
TGLC was awarded the paid-bid because All-Star Challenge didn’t award more than one paid to a single programme (which, seems to have changed now? because both SSX and SMOEX were awarded at this past BUTBT).

The issue with Cheersport is that it mentions its “up for grabs” are based on “depth of division, routine skills, routine creativity and overall impression.” Rain placed 2nd in a very deep division with a commendable final score under the same judging panel as Coed Elite (who only placed 4th out of 5 teams).

Of course the other criteria can be up for debate, but I felt as if Cheersport had already decided they were going to award all senior world divisions a full-paid bid regardless of whether the next highest scoring team placed below the top 3.

Last edited:
After this weekend:

I fell in love with every single Stingray Marietta team.

I adore CA charlotte aristocats latin theme...arrristocatssss cha cha cha. Love it. So cute.

Rays coconut point jumper is everything!! Sooo good!!

I’m excited for NCA

TGLC was awarded the paid-bid because All-Star Challenge didn’t award more than one paid to a single programme (which, seems to have changed now? because both SSX and SMOEX were awarded at this past BUTBT).

The issue with Cheersport is that it mentions its “up for grabs” are based on “depth of division, routine skills, routine creativity and overall impression.” Rain placed 2nd in a very deep division with a commendable final score under the same judging panel as Coed Elite (who only placed 4th out of 5 teams).

Of course the other criteria can be up for debate, but I felt as if Cheersport had already decided they were going to award all senior world teams a full-paid bid regardless of whether the next highest scoring team placed below the top 3.
T&S Obsession also had a higher score and placed better in their division. Now they had a different judging panel, but I would even say that the coed divisions were scored higher in general than all-girl. I'm just thinking they didn't want to give 2 paids to the same division. That's the only thing I can come up with.

Back