All-Star Cheersport 2021

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I know most people aren't here to read about lower levels, but I can't believe there are only 6 Small Sr 3 teams this year. And only 9 teams in D2. There used to be a ton of teams in these divisions and they'd be split into multiple divisions. There's only one team in "Sr 3 U19" too, so I don't know where everyone went. It's definitely a smaller comp this year in certain divisions, probably Covid related. Some states that are usually here aren't here. It seems most teams are within driving distance. Just a random observation.

The new age grid seemed to shift more teams into the junior division.

The people here are so nice, someone raved about the Tiny 1 team that placed 5th out of 5. If only social media was this kind. I don't see any issue in mentioning a "Cheerlebrity's" name here (especially if it's just first name only), as long as the comment isn't negative. There are famous names in every sport. Saying "So-and-so is reported to have a concussion" or "so-and-so had to be removed from the routine, but is going to be fine" or whatever other brief medical update, is perfectly appropriate IMO.

I was the one raving on that tiny team.
While i dont now if I would construct their routine in the same way as far as formations etc goes.. they were selling that routine !
They may not be as polished/tight as say stingrays grape/BA Diamonds YET, but those kids were having an Amazing time doing what they love.
There will be more than enough years for them to execute perfect routines.
Right Now,yhey are having fun,learning their sport and doing what they love with their lil friends.
THAT is what's about for tiny/mini and hell even youth age kids that just come looking in the allstar world.
Once they have a love for the sport,you can start striving for good,better and best.

It also goes for junior and senior teams but since they're older you can talk with them a little more easily and have them understand why its important to have great execution once they have the skill down.
Untill they're there though,the social/teamaspect keeps being a big factor in what attracts/keeps kids in the sport.

Last edited:
Just saw that STAR ATL's MedJ4 and J3 won their divisions.

I hadn't even heard of this location before and someone upthread said this is their first season! That's insane.

They beat out some typically heavy-hitting teams in lower levels.

That will make for an interesting NCA or Summit if they attend those.

I've seen a couple high school juniors that are on junior teams, kinda crazy.
Yea. And I know juniors on a team with 6 year olds. They need to change that. It for sure has pulled more teams from senior to junior.

Great job Diamonds. Glad they are not all in on that Dora stuff.

I’m late but so happy for SE and orange. Orange finally a hard hit (99.18) and SE was just really professional and smart cheerleading.

I know most people aren't here to read about lower levels, but I can't believe there are only 6 Small Sr 3 teams this year. And only 9 teams in D2. There used to be a ton of teams in these divisions and they'd be split into multiple divisions. There's only one team in "Sr 3 U19" too, so I don't know where everyone went. It's definitely a smaller comp this year in certain divisions, surely Covid related. Very few divisions have at least 10 teams, and many have no more than 5 or so. Some states that are usually here aren't here; it seems most teams are within driving distance. Just a random observation.
Some states were not able to practice fully as usual and couldn’t plan any competitions until recently....my daughters gym is entering their first comp virtually this week.

Just saw that STAR ATL's MedJ4 and J3 won their divisions.

I hadn't even heard of this location before and someone upthread said this is their first season! That's insane.

They beat out some typically heavy-hitting teams in lower levels.

That will make for an interesting NCA or Summit if they attend those.

They were 2nd in J4 according to the results page, Day 2 for J3 still hasn't posted. It's their first season under that name, but The Atlanta Jayhawks have been strong in the lower levels for a while now and it seems they're now under this new name. Jayhawks still have several teams, but they have far fewer/smaller teams than I noticed in previous years at this competition. In another thread it was stated that a couple of the Jayhawks coaches had left for this new place.

Last edited:
It's their first season under that name, but The Atlanta Jayhawks have been strong in the lower levels for a while now and it seems they're now under this new name. Jayhawks still have several teams, but they have far fewer teams than I noticed in previous years at this competition. In another thread it was stated that a couple of the Jayhawks coaches had left for this new place.

Oh wow okay. Makes sense now that I know it was a takeover/merger of Jayhawks. Thought it was a totally new gym.

Oh wow okay. Makes sense now that I know it was a takeover/merger of Jayhawks. Thought it was a totally new gym.

The Jayhawks were so successful that I was very surprised to hear about this happening. They had multiple Medium teams win Cheersport last year, and in some of the Medium divisions there used to be multiple Jayhawks teams from their 2 locations. And it doesn't look like a lot of their Medium teams exist anymore. I think I saw at least one Jayhawks team in the lead here though, so they are still around.

Not really a takevoer/merger. Several Jayhawks coaches just left JH and went to open Star Athletics. They just had a ton of athletes follow them. JH are now down to one location. They closed one several years ago and I don't know if it's COVID related or what made them close the other location.

I don’t like that the junior max age is so high. They need to lower it by one year. It used to be 14, now it’s 2004 birth year which is in effect raising the age by 1.5 years. They need to lower it one year IMO. It’s killing some of the senior divisions and there are too many junior teams.

Also I don’t like all the division splits. Get rid of the splits if there are too few teams. Like don’t have 1-2 teams in small and 1 in medium.

And what is really the point of international, or U17/U19?

Too many divisions...

Yeah, the U17/U19/International stuff seems especially pointless when there aren't going be other countries to compete against this year. And I don't know why a Sr 2 team from another country can't simply compete in Sr 2 instead of "U19".

And someone please explain the Global division. Are these high school kids preparing for college cheer, or are these college cheerleaders who want to do "sideline cheers" all year round? It's so confusing why they're doing chants before their routine. I guess that's what cheerleading truly is, but still. How do you choose which kids to put on Global as opposed to International? We need Blue Cat here to answer.

Infinity Royals had a 99.1 today. Impressive. They have the lead score, probably until BSB gets their score lol.

Back