All-Star Cheersport 2021

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

After watching the video, no, I'm pretty positive it'll be serious. At the very least a concussion, at most potentially an injured back given the way her legs were kicking and her back was seemingly spazzing immediately after she hit the ground. For those who didn't see it, she got dragged down from a backless prep and landed directly on her back/head, hitting the ground hard, and didn't get up for over 10 minutes. I would be surprised if she wasn't seriously injured.

Saw the video. Really hoping she just got the wind knocked out of her. I’m sure we all know how it sucks to feel like you can’t catch your breath even though you’re literally breathing. Would explain her being slow to stand up. Either way, the CT scans etc. are always a good call in a fall like that.

B
Saw the video. Really hoping she just got the wind knocked out of her. I’m sure we all know how it sucks to feel like you can’t catch your breath even though you’re literally breathing. Would explain her being slow to stand up. Either way, the CT scans etc. are always a good call in a fall like that.
Respectfully, I think it is unfortunately more serious than you are hoping/insisting.

Surprisingly, there are more Worlds teams there this year than at least the last 5 years. I think its just the absurd number of Worlds divisions there are now that male it so they don't get split.

ETA: Going back through all my spreadsheets back to 2013, this year has more Worlds teams than any other year.

The addition of the Non-Tumbling divisions has really added to the number of Level 6 teams as of late. But it's really surprising if there are more Worlds teams this year than last year. In Extra Small Coed, there are 10 teams competing this year compared to 19 last year. In Small Senior, there are 3 teams compared to 10 last year. Covid has definitely had an effect on participation this year, at least it seems that way.

The addition of the Non-Tumbling divisions has really added to the number of Level 6 teams as of late. But it's really surprising if there are more Worlds teams this year than last year. In Extra Small Coed, there are 10 teams competing this year compared to 19 last year. In Small Senior, there are 3 teams compared to 10 last year. Covid has definitely had an effect on participation this year, at least it seems that way.
That was the one year I couldn't find my spreadsheet for and miscounted, just recounted and see 2 more teams last year than this year. So still pretty close. But definitely more than any other year this year.

Surprisingly, there are more Worlds teams there this year than at least the last 5 years. I think its just the absurd number of Worlds divisions there are now that male it so they don't get split.

ETA: Going back through all my spreadsheets back to 2013, this year has more Worlds teams than any other year.
Maybe because NCA and many other r virtual and people miss live comps.....

Random: Browsing some lower level teams and day 1 videos now that my day has settled down.

I didn't know there was a STAR Athletics gym in ATL but they have several top 3 placements - and their Senior 4 looks great.

Ryan tweeted
"wanted to say thank you all for the supportive tweets and all the prayers it truly means a lot. sadly, i will not be able to compete tomorrow but i am always their #1 supporter on and off the mat. i love you guys, thank you again"

I thought we had a rule on the forums where we don't discuss the minors name. Maybe I'm wrong. But certainly we don't discuss health information unless we are the actual patient because that is a violation of HIPPA. The athlete is a minor and we need to show them the same respect we would any other minor child.

I thought we had a rule on the forums where we don't discuss the minors name. Maybe I'm wrong. But certainly we don't discuss health information unless we are the actual patient because that is a violation of HIPPA. The athlete is a minor and we need to show them the same respect we would any other minor child.

I don't know the rules here (and don't talk about people anyway) but HIPPA applies to health facilities and providers, not message boards.

Ryan tweeted
"wanted to say thank you all for the supportive tweets and all the prayers it truly means a lot. sadly, i will not be able to compete tomorrow but i am always their #1 supporter on and off the mat. i love you guys, thank you again"
There are a couple of user posts listing the athletes name. Can these be edited?

Back