All-Star Cnn's Cheer Segment Posted

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i almost cried at those comments. I can take some of the comments but there were some about how "we know how to spread easy" that is so gross. They need to get a life. smh at those comments:mad:
That is totally innapropriate. People like that disgust me....

I read the comments as well. I couldn't even bring myself to read all of them because they were all ignorant opinions from people who refuse to open their minds to something.

The funny thing is that most of them seemed to have not even attempted to watch the video or read the article... a few people admitted they didn't read it and then went on to bash it. After years and years of listening to this debate about whether or not cheerleading is a "sport", I've come to accept the argument that technically it doesn't fall under the idea of a "sport" like baseball, football, etc, as long as people realize that it's a very athletic activity that requires a lot of training, stamina, and strength.

I know that spending a good chunk of my "growing up" years participating in all-star cheer truly shaped me into a better person, but there are some people out there who won't ever believe that's possible based on old stereotypes. It's also unfortunate to see how people just look at the uniforms the athletes are wearing and immediately assume that there can't be anything legitimate about cheerleading.

sport (spôrt, sp
omacr.gif
rt)

n.
a. Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively.
b. A particular form of this activity.
2. An activity involving physical exertion and skill that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often undertaken competitively.
Some people were saying it's not a sport because its competitive...
Hmm... maybe they should've read the dictionary.

the comments below are just so aggravating to see and not say anything back!
but this is great! :)

i just hope the girls that are featured in the piece don't decide to go on and read the comments because I found them to be very hurtful. People say the dumbest things behind the safety of their computers and anonymity...

Really good article, and nice that it made the front. You can approach it two ways:

You can be upset about their comments or you can think their comments do not matter because we know the truth.

Personally I actually care that the majority think it is a sport and hopefully STUNT or NCATA will change that. And being on the front of CNN.

Back