All-Star Coastal Corporation Battle At The Capitol 2/11 - 2/12/17

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Does anyone know where they post the level grand champs?
I don't know level 1 but the rest are :
Fame large senior 2
Jersey all stars dark divas youth 3
Jersey all stars diamonds senior 4
Jersey all stars wicked level 5 non worlds
CJA Team Gunz worlds level 5
Maryland Twisters Cyclones took home level 1 grand

Overall we really enjoyed this competition, from a coaches stand point at least, I know some of the parents can weigh in on their thoughts from that side of things. The stage set ups were very nice and pretty. I appreciated the removal of the tent curtains from last season so that Vengeance didn't have to throw a basket through them again. Accuscore was quick and easy and the people in there were very polite. From what I saw the event ran fairly smoothly with not a whole lot of backing up or getting behind. We absolutely LOVED how competitive this event got this year. These Jersey programs walked in and really made everyone step their game up. My only complaints are:

1. The crazy variation in scoring from Arena A/B to C/D. Example to show the crazy difference. In Indy our Senior 2 and our Junior 4 both scored in the 95s within about three tenths of one another. In Arena A/B this weekend our Senior 2 scored a 97.33 while our Junior 4 in Arena C/D barely broke a 92. I know you "can't" compare scores between competitons really, but this is quite the jump.

2. The fact that they weren't letting coaches up front to watch their teams on Saturday. I love our parents and the fact they rush the stage to see their kids, but I don't want to wade through that crowd to see my team. Also being up front allows for an easy escape route when you need to run back to warmups for your next team. I know they fixed this in A/B for Sunday. Not sure if they did for C/D on Sunday.

2. The fact that they weren't letting coaches up front to watch their teams on Saturday. I love our parents and the fact they rush the stage to see their kids, but I don't want to wade through that crowd to see my team. Also being up front allows for an easy escape route when you need to run back to warmups for your next team. I know they fixed this in A/B for Sunday. Not sure if they did for C/D on Sunday.[/QUOTE]

I know it was somewhat an issue in C/D although somehow our coaches got up there anyhow both days and it was a good thing because they had a few instances of medical emergencies and the coach needed to get there quickly. From a safety standpoint the coaches (who know these kids and are the ones who need to get there ASAP in an emergency) should be up front for that reason alone.

Have been going to this comp for years (back when it was at George Mason University). Have loved to watch it grow. They need to fix the line issue. Previous years there were several places to buy tickets and it was well publicized where (apparently coaches check in was selling to but it was sort of on the down low... we heard through a text). Last year dance was a separate event and not sure if I liked it better that way or not.

Hotel issue. Someone had spilled a ton of water on the marble lobby. My husband saw as he was sitting nearby waiting for us and was genuinely worried a child could get hurt and went to workers nearby to tell them. It took over 20 minutes and several very polite reminders. At that point about 5 people were discussing the design element for the later event by the gazebo. One man told him we are doing everything we can. At that point my husband said no walking over and getting napkins and cleaning it is doing everything you can. They then picked up an extra tablecloth and cleaned it up. I also heard from friends staying on property that the response time was incredibly long (over 5 hours in one case) for extra beds etc.

I will say the caliber of talent coming to this comp has increased with the years. It also feels as if it may be outgrowing the venue although I enjoy the venue generally.

What would like to see more comps do which I saw with Cheersport is a higher free age for kids (all mine cheer so no issue now... although we have had a few split day ones where we had issues). I saw cheer sport 10 and under free. I can not tell you how many families said they would like to have the sibling watch but for $20 plus it was not worth the 2min 30 sec. I was really impressed when I saw it at cheer sport and I encourage more EPs to do this. I HIGHLY doubt it will effect your bottom line but would sure make more families happy. So if someone from Coastal is reading hint hint on this one!

One year they had a room giving away BA star makeup and that was a neat find... at 2 day bigger comps those things are nice... have been to 2 with a parent lounge now and yes that is very very nice. Again Coastal hint hint.

Overall good comp. My kids teams did not win but did well and went against good teams and I prefer that over no competition any day.

@Mom2Cheergirls I agree with you there that space is becoming an issue as the event grows. They do appear to be building a new Ballroom outside near the pool venue. I believe it is slated to open early next year. Hopefully they will be able to utilize that new venue as well. I feel like with the size and success of the event this year they may get some more summit bids, which means it is only going to get bigger. Would love to see them be able to do something along the lines of Level 1/Prep in one arena, Level 2 and 3 in one arena and Level 4 and 5 in another to try and help with uneven scoring across panels. I know this doesn't help per se for Ovarall score, but at least for level champs it may. Being in C/D this weekend was borderline a death sentence if you had hopes of going for Grand unless you were a level 5 team since they were all in that arnea

Overall we really enjoyed this competition, from a coaches stand point at least, I know some of the parents can weigh in on their thoughts from that side of things. The stage set ups were very nice and pretty. I appreciated the removal of the tent curtains from last season so that Vengeance didn't have to throw a basket through them again. Accuscore was quick and easy and the people in there were very polite. From what I saw the event ran fairly smoothly with not a whole lot of backing up or getting behind. We absolutely LOVED how competitive this event got this year. These Jersey programs walked in and really made everyone step their game up. My only complaints are:

1. The crazy variation in scoring from Arena A/B to C/D. Example to show the crazy difference. In Indy our Senior 2 and our Junior 4 both scored in the 95s within about three tenths of one another. In Arena A/B this weekend our Senior 2 scored a 97.33 while our Junior 4 in Arena C/D barely broke a 92. I know you "can't" compare scores between competitons really, but this is quite the jump.

2. The fact that they weren't letting coaches up front to watch their teams on Saturday. I love our parents and the fact they rush the stage to see their kids, but I don't want to wade through that crowd to see my team. Also being up front allows for an easy escape route when you need to run back to warmups for your next team. I know they fixed this in A/B for Sunday. Not sure if they did for C/D on Sunday.
My s3 almost hit the rigging in their tosses on day 1. My first thought was omg this is worse then Vengeance. The response from Coastal was to move the formation. Gee, thanks. Overall, I did enjoy the staging. I agree with your complaints, except to add that I did not like that they wouldn't even let us see scores from other divisions. What is the big secret? A/B was consistently scored 1.5 to 2 points above C/D. With Levels 2 and 3 split between those arenas, you can't even compare within the same level.
We pushed our way through to the front of the stage on Day 1, along with quite a few other gyms. They started allowing it about halfway through Day 2. I love our parents, but I want to be separated from them during performances, not fighting to get a spot.

Now, most important, PLEASE tell me we don't see Sirens any more this year ;) Love the team, and the routine...but I'd like it so much more if I'm not against you.

I agree with your complaints, except to add that I did not like that they wouldn't even let us see scores from other divisions. What is the big secret?
Now, most important, PLEASE tell me we don't see Sirens any more this year ;) Love the team, and the routine...but I'd like it so much more if I'm not against you.

Incidentally a parent was able to walk up to Accuscore and get a copy of scores on Day 1. Don't know how that happened.

And I'm sure our S2 agrees with your second comment lol...

My s3 almost hit the rigging in their tosses on day 1. My first thought was omg this is worse then Vengeance. The response from Coastal was to move the formation. Gee, thanks. Overall, I did enjoy the staging. I agree with your complaints, except to add that I did not like that they wouldn't even let us see scores from other divisions. What is the big secret? A/B was consistently scored 1.5 to 2 points above C/D. With Levels 2 and 3 split between those arenas, you can't even compare within the same level.
We pushed our way through to the front of the stage on Day 1, along with quite a few other gyms. They started allowing it about halfway through Day 2. I love our parents, but I want to be separated from them during performances, not fighting to get a spot.

Haha other than Summit we only have one travel comp left and that's Epic Brands Ocean City MD. So unless you're making a trip to Norfolk/Virginia Beach for one of our locals we won't see each other again for regular season.

Haha other than Summit we only have one travel comp left and that's Epic Brands Ocean City MD. So unless you're making a trip to Norfolk/Virginia Beach for one of our locals we won't see each other again for regular season.
That is the best thing I've heard in awhile :p

Agree with others that the event space seemed tight. The admission line was insane, I arrived Friday and bought my band then but would have been so upset if I had to wait in it! That and the coffee line...I was also surprised by the lack of food/drink available in the arenas themselves. You were forced to spend a lot of $ in a restaurant or wait a long time for a soda.

I love arenas where they have screens on the side that show the performance and performance order, which this arena did not have. They also had limited announcing of who was on deck etc so some confusion occurred in the staging area. I always follow the schedule but many don't...

Back