College Coed Stunting Help

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 26, 2011
I didn't know whether to put this in skills or college cheer.
I need some help coed stunting. Whenever I do any twisting skill, I always over twist! Full-ups become 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 ups. I try and spot the wall but I can't stop spinning! Help!

How do you initiate the spin? You only turning your head 45 degrees when you initiate the spin. If you want to go even farther, some flyers just flick straight down like a normal toss, and just turn their head a little to initiate the spin. You have any videos? It may even be the person you're stunting with.

It differs from base to base, but my partner and I had the same problem. I stopped flicking with a twist and just flick for a straight toss. He twists me through his fingers and I just turn my head to my right shoulder. That seems to give us the perfect toss full!

I normally flick and twist my hips just slightly. Maybe I should just flick and not twist my hips at all? He said I'm doing to much

Best way that I've been teaching girls to twist for full-ups; flick straight down. Initiate the turn with your head, chest and hips at the time of the flick, but flick straight down, so that when your arms are straight down your right hand should be in of your belly button and your left hand should be in the middle of your lower back. You really only need to spin less than half, a really hard quarter even, if the guy throwing you is good at full ups.

Best way that I've been teaching girls to twist for full-ups; flick straight down. Initiate the turn with your head, chest and hips at the time of the flick, but flick straight down, so that when your arms are straight down your right hand should be in of your belly button and your left hand should be in the middle of your lower back. You really only need to spin less than half, a really hard quarter even, if the guy throwing you is good at full ups.
I tried barely twisting and I'm still over spinning. But I was able to spot the wall and turn my body, forcing it to go back. I just feel like I shouldn't have to do that. Double up is easier than this full-up!

Back