College Cheerleading

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 5, 2017
hey guys! I just wanted to hear your opinions and advice.

I currently attend West Virginia University and they have two co-ed teams. I've cheered for about 6-7 years and I took a couple years off to focus on my academics. I am interested in trying out for the team, but what is the likelihood that they would even consider me if I do not have any tumbling?

I have also never been on a co-ed team, so I have never done co-ed stunts. However, I am a quick and easy learner, I have a great attitude towards cheer, I'm a team player, I have extremely tight motions and I have a loud voice. I am a strong base and my jumps are pretty good. any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

I currently attend West Virginia University and they have two co-ed teams. I've cheered for about 6-7 years and I took a couple years off to focus on my academics. I am interested in trying out for the team, but what is the likelihood that they would even consider me if I do not have any tumbling?

I have also never been on a co-ed team, so I have never done co-ed stunts. However, I am a quick and easy learner, I have a great attitude towards cheer, I'm a team player, I have extremely tight motions and I have a loud voice. I am a strong base and my jumps are pretty good. any thoughts? Thanks in advance!
I don't have much advice other than it never hurts to try out. But hello from a WVU alum!!
I'll add that from what I remember, most if not all girls on the 2 coed teams were flyers and neither of these teams competed, just gameday. There is also an all girl club competition team.

Last edited:

Are you male or female? I hate to say it, but in my experience, that matters. If you're a female base who has never flown and doesn't have any tumbling, the chances of making a coed team at WVU are probably pretty slim. In that case, their AG club team may be a better fit for you. If you're a guy with strong basing skills, your chances are probably better. Many male college cheerleaders start out as football players, lacrosse players, etc. and make the switch to cheer in college. Most pick up coed stunting pretty quickly.

Your best bet is to reach out to the coaches via email and ask.

Back