All-Star competition order based on bid type?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 23, 2010
Last year I know your order of competition was based on the type of bid you recived, at large, partial, and then full.
My question is are they doing it the same way this year or are they going back to drawing numbers again?
I feel drawing numbers is the most fair, it's hard to ask a judge not to be biased when i know how the order should brake down before i see my first team>

Pretty sure that they are doing the same as last year. At-Large, Partial, then Paid bids go last. Correct me if i'm wrong!!

After they split the teams between those 3 groups how to they determine the order within them? Does it go by who received their bid first?

Bcartier said:
Last year I know your order of competition was based on the type of bid you recived, at large, partial, and then full.
My question is are they doing it the same way this year or are they going back to drawing numbers again?
I feel drawing numbers is the most fair, it's hard to ask a judge not to be biased when i know how the order should brake down before i see my first team>

I agree, but has a team with a partial or paid bid ever not qualified for finals? I do think the judges will be slightly biased, but usually (not always, but for the most part) the teams with the partial and paid bids are better than the teams with at large bids. Has a team with a partial paid or paid ever not had a high enough score for finals?

Did a little research on Small Senior, looks to me like the only team with a partial/paid that did not go to finals last year was Virginia Wild (partial from ACE Challenge at the Sea 4/5/09). Every other one of the 23 odd teams with a paid or partial paid bid made it into the top 37.

Someone posted in the allstar thread that they were doing it in random order this year, and ACEDAD said he is trying to confirm it.

cheerKT said:
Someone posted in the allstar thread that they were doing it in random order this year, and ACEDAD said he is trying to confirm it.
Def think this is the fair way to do it. You can't say that a team that has a paid is automatically better than a team that has an at large. A lot of teams due to the economy cut down their travel trips for paid bids. Also if you look at NCA the 3 lowest scoring teams in the Large LImited division all went with paid bids so does that mean they are better than smoke who did not get one at that competition but beat all 3 of those teams? Charlotte has a partial but they are great. Odyssey was at UCA and bombed day 1 but were incredible day 2. That can happen to any team at any competition. They should all start worlds on an even playing field. The point of a paid vs at large is not your great your not. It's the advantage of getting to worlds for free, and that should be the only advantage.

It was confirmed by ACEDAD. Bids have no bearing on performance order on Saturday.

So this is back to the way it was in previous years????

I do think this is a much better system. I think random allows for a good mixture of teams throughout the day and keeps everything more competitive. I know for me watching, I have a much more open mind, than if the division was stacked with all the paid bids at the end. That just means we will have to get in there to watch each division from the very beginning!!!

cheerwatch10 said:
So this is back to the way it was in previous years????

I do think this is a much better system. I think random allows for a good mixture of teams throughout the day and keeps everything more competitive. I know for me watching, I have a much more open mind, than if the division was stacked with all the paid bids at the end. That just means we will have to get in there to watch each division from the very beginning!!!

No it is quite different.

It use to be if you had a paid bid you did not have to compeate on Sat. You just came out and ,marked your routine. Than all the tems that made it tio finals drew a number from a hat for order on Sunday.

Then it went to the way it was done the past 2 years. At large, partial, full and Sunday was based on your placement from Saturday.

It is going to be random order. I confirmed that with Steve Peterson this morning.

FYI (just between us) I'm trying to get him to webcast the drawing kind of like the Kentucky Derby post position drawing.

:)

Back