Costs And Fundraising

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 2, 2014
Most people, when asked how much they pay for unis, practice wear... everything, really, kind of beat around the bush and just say "a lot". I completely understand this, as if someone were to ask me how much I paid for my car I wouldn't tell them either. But, as a new coach, in all seriousness, how much do you pay for your uniforms? Practice wear? Bags? Warm ups? We're trying to get a feel for costs so our new parents will know roughly what to expect and so we can ask them how much they are willing to spend, and for what. Also, what kind of fundraising have you done in the past that has proved to be successful? I know there's a forum here already for that, but it's older so I figured I'd just ask again. Thanks in advance for all y'all's help!

One year my team did Fun"D"2raise (Google it, its spelled weird) and im pretty sure that was successful. We went around to our neighbors and did it.

Most people, when asked how much they pay for unis, practice wear... everything, really, kind of beat around the bush and just say "a lot". I completely understand this, as if someone were to ask me how much I paid for my car I wouldn't tell them either. But, as a new coach, in all seriousness, how much do you pay for your uniforms? Practice wear? Bags? Warm ups? We're trying to get a feel for costs so our new parents will know roughly what to expect and so we can ask them how much they are willing to spend, and for what. Also, what kind of fundraising have you done in the past that has proved to be successful? I know there's a forum here already for that, but it's older so I figured I'd just ask again. Thanks in advance for all y'all's help!
Uniforms - $365 new (we paid $200 for a used one the season before last)
Practice wear, bow, makeup - $120
Warmups - $130 (second season wearing them and they were optional but everyone has them)
Sneakers - $65
Everything else we have is optional. The kids have one program t-shirt each season. All other t-shirts, tanktops, sweatshirts, sweatpants, bags, blankets, team sports bras, etc - but you inevitably buy them from the pro shop because all the kids have them.
My gym does not have fundraising except for our Level 5 team and that is done by those parents and is not required by the rest of the gym. I wish we had the ability to work at sporting events and concerts like mentioned above, I would do that in a heartbeat.

Uniforms $300 bows $20 shoes $80. Everything else is optional. We do tag days all summer but try to hit up busy weekends like Memorial Day and the 4th. We can send out sponsership letters to area businesses. We sell candles, nuts, and few other fundraiser. Tag days make the most money though. I hate when people say it's to expensive bc if you do fundraisers it really doesn't have to be.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

We have done Sherwood Forest Farms fundraiser for Christmas items. Very good product, delivery is great and we up the $ by $5 per item. I usually raise at least 100 from that. We had our I5 team do a service auction. Tutoring, photography, garage/yard cleaning, privates, make up and hair at a comp, baking- whatever the athlete is good at, we did Really well for Worlds costs. We save water bottles and recycle them. (It adds up). We r doing a clothing drive that pays by the lb.
Uniform, warm ups and practice gear are around $500

Our program secures a food stand at NFL and MLB games and our parents can sign up to work the stand as a fundraiser. We have people raise money for their entire season with sporting events.

Our booster does this. I've personally earned over $3000 since September.

Our uniforms (pretty blinged out) were around $375, bow was $20, practice wear is only a tshirt so $40 for 2 shirts and any shorts you want. Warmups were expensive, but optional. We didn't get them but I think they were around $200 for both pieces. (could be way off!)
Our booster club is a non-profit so we can utilize SCRIP for fundraising. Plus, we run concession stands during the summer for outdoor concerts which give us about $72 a concert.

Thank y'all so much for being upfront. It's all honestly not as expensive as I thought it would be. Can't wait for my parent meeting now!

Don't forget about monthly tuition, comp fees if they are not included in that, hotel, travel....it all adds up. But all travel sports are expensive: all competitions have entry fees, weekend tournaments require hotel stays, sports equipment is very costly, etc. Parents should go into this with their eyes wide open and it is great that you want to lay it all out for them.

I wish we had the option for fundraising! Everything is out of pocket and we're with a large program (3 locations and over 600 athletes). Depending on the which team, the fees vary (# of competitions, how many practices in a week, etc).

CP is a Tiny and we paid $1650 for the year (June - May) and that included her monthly fees, music licensing fee, competition fees, competition bow, rental of her uniform, open tumbling, 1 team item (this year we chose a blinged out hoody), 1 practice t-shirt and soffe shorts.

$25 makeup (they wear a teal glitter heart on their cheek)

$90 shoes (Darn duties & tarifs imposed on goods imported into Canada)

Semi-private coaching $30 for 45 min. They also offer clinics and class such as Flex Flyer, Flight School, Conditioning, etc for around $300 for 10 weeks.

If their team travels to the USA for 2+ competitions they have to purchase the warmup outfit which is another $125. Fortunately we only have 1 USA competition this year.

PLUS entrance fees for competitions, hotels, gas, etc. This weekend alone is cost us $117 in tickets for DH & I, ODD, plus our parents to watch CP.

At first the prices were daunting but then once I added up what I would pay for any other 12 month sports or dance, it wasn't too far off. At least we rent the uniforms and I don't have to deal with old ones like I did for dance recital costumes! I like that the fee includes everything and semi-private & private coaching, clinics and classes are all optional.

My team this year did a car wash at the beginning of the season (I run a Junior High team). We were quite profitable in that venture (around $600). They also cheered on the sidelines at our local PF Changs Rock N Roll Marathon, they pay each team to attend ($350) and then if you win their spirit competition you can win up to I believe $1000. It helped a lot with the costs of competitions for my team!

Back