Counterrotating In A Standing Tuck

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 11, 2010
Whenever I'm trying really hard to tuck fast and tight, i seem to throw my shoulders forewards. Not much but enought that it slows my already not very fast rotation. :(

Any tipps or drills on how stop this? I'm really starting to doubt that I'll ever get this skill. :/
I either jump high and don't rotate enough OR rotate fast(er) but don't get any height. It's driving me mad!

I want to try out for our ICU national team and I need that tuck by mid october, argh! -.-

Ok, this is actually a pretty common problem.

One drill you could do is, in front of a pit(or large mat), get down like you're going to throw a back handspring, and just jump back into the pit. Try to get as high as you can, and then land in a ball, back down to the pit.

With some practice, this should be fairly easy to incorporate.

I highly doubt you'll never get it, as I thought that 12 years back, and now have a layout full and a half.

Just keep trying,

Feel free to message me.

-Nick.

Remember: It's not about bringing your chest into your knees its about bringing the hips over. The rotation should come from your hips so try to think about setting up and pulling your hips in to your chest rather than reaching your chest forward to your knees. Remember strength and conditioning will also help to get this skill faster and tighter. You also want to look to your round-off tuck and if you are doing the same thing it will be easier to work on correcting out of a round-off entry and then in the standing.

Thank you!!
I'll definitly be thinking of that tomorrow at practice and I'll let you know, how it goes!

Guys, gusy, guys!! I did my tucks (spotted by my coach) and the last one felt... just right! The first time ever! He said, the technique was just right that time. OMG, I'm so happy!

I'm not really sure, what I did differently but I don't really care right now. I'm just so happy that this skill can feel so... easy and smooth!

:D

Back