All-Star Covid-19 / Varsity Response

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

That’s interesting considering Georgia had a relatively large number of new cases and deaths reported yesterday. They’re rather high up on the list of states affected. You wonder how much of these decisions are about it being safe enough to reopen and how much of it is about enabling small business like salons and restaurants to make money. I feel a little bad for the governors in charge of making these decisions; there’s probably a lot of guesswork involved and pressures to either reopen or stay closed. But it’s surprising Georgia would loosen restrictions faster than states with far fewer cases. I guess restaurants will spread their tables 6 feet apart and whatnot.

I know it sounds strange, but they aren't as concerned about number of cases, because there's more testing available. GA peaked in hospital stays and that number is declining. We have many nurses in our subdivision, and several have tested positive, as well as some of their family members, stating their symptoms ranged from loss of taste and smell, mild to bad coughs, mild to bad sore throats, and GI issues. A few weeks ago people stated their wait was over an hour at GA Tech only allowing people with bad symptoms and referrals to be tested, and a few days ago people were saying they walked in and out with an appt and a referral with mild to bad symptoms at a pop up station at a park. They are encouraging people with underlying health conditions, the elderly, and their family members to continue stay at home restrictions and the nursing homes will continue to stay at high level restrictions. If there becomes hot spots, the Governor will put restrictions back in place in those areas.

Lucky you. Today was only the second time in 5 weeks that I’ve seen toilet paper and paper towels in my Target. The Walmart I go to hasn’t had either since mid March, it’s ridiculous.
NJ is in a much different spot then places in the US that haven't been so heavily affected. I also haven't seen toilet paper or disinfectant wipes anywhere since March 15th. It's been incredibly difficult out here.

NJ is in a much different spot then places in the US that haven't been so heavily affected. I also haven't seen toilet paper or disinfectant wipes anywhere since March 15th. It's been incredibly difficult out here.
I’m in Brooklyn, NY and it’s the same. For NYC schools to stay closed for the year, there’s no way they are opening sports or activities before July.

So it sounds like USASF asked for gyms to express their intent to go if they announce for last week in June. A little disturbed by the fact that the HHS numbers for lifted restrictions have Florida hit the hardest for deaths relative to population.

So it sounds like USASF asked for gyms to express their intent to go if they announce for last week in June. A little disturbed by the fact that the HHS numbers for lifted restrictions have Florida hit the hardest for deaths relative to population.

Yep : POSTPONED: The Cheerleading Worlds 2020 - cheerUPDATES

USASF is asking bid recepients if they intend to attend Worlds in the wake of the three phased ''Opening Up America Again'' plan.

They give up to 3h PM EST Time on april 22 to complete the intent of participation for a last week of june Worlds 2020.

I've gotten lucky getting delivery from Walmart.com. Scored paper towels and toilet paper through them so keep trying! Was the highlight of my week when they were delivered.

There are still a handful of larger competitor gyms who haven't ended their season and could intend to compete if it happens.

*I know no CEA location has ended,
*the TG locations in FL haven't said either way,
*ICE - Aurora Worlds teams are still in as far as I know
*Rays main location (Marietta?)
*I don't know that Rockstar has announced either way for Worlds teams?

I was previously pretty sure they'd cancel it but now I feel like they're going to try to make this happen.

I wonder what the number of teams is that would need to attend for them to break even? 25? 50? 75? 100? Would they hold it no matter how many teams decide to attend or do they have a minimum number? I would think there is a magic number for loss minimization, but I would have no idea what that is. At some point, I would think it would cost too much to hold it at all.

I don’t think there is a magic number. In my opinion, as long as there are teams willing to compete, that’s money for them. They’ve already lost a ton of money, so they’ll take anything coming in. I hate to say that bc I don’t see them being able to make a World competition without international teams, but also how to make it safe for everyone who did decide to attend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not just do a virtual Worlds? Does USASF even anticipate WWOS will be open by then?
A big issue is that many teams cant even go to their gyms to practice, and there are some regions where that won't be possible for even several more weeks. So for teams to be able to be "Worlds ready" in just a couple weeks after months off is not practical, and not really safe either.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

^^^This.

Even if Florida is open, getting teams Worlds ready is going to be questionable.

Especially since every state is setting their own dates and guidelines on stay home orders, gym closures, etc.

Ex: You have siginficantly fewer practice days under your belt if your state doesn't open til June 1. As opposed to a gym in GA in which they are on track to open up like, this week (allegedly.)

Even in a state like Georgia where gyms can reopen Friday that is allowed on the presumption there can be adequate social distancing at the facility. So maybe under that parameter some fitness centers that can guarantee proper spacing can re open but I’m not sure how an allstar cheer team would be able to maintain social distancing and stunt [emoji2360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back