All-Star Csp Tweet: No More Travelling For Cea Teams.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It must be so difficult for those Americans who can't afford to buy a car to their children when they turn 16 (or even a car to themselves). The requirement to have a car creates huge social inequalities :(
A lot of people in my area buy cheaper used cars. Very few kids seem to get brand new cars. Lots of kids save up for them, too.

Around here the trains suck. Always some idiot killing themselves by jumping on the track, it's expensive with too many stops, and takes forever to get anywhere. Then once you get where you're going, how do you get around? Public transportation in Cali blows. I took the bus around our town when I was a kid, down to the beach or the mall.
Call me spoiled all you want, but I drive my car and it works for me! This country is huge and high speed trains will never happen. Although I'd kill for one from here to Vegas!
I'm terrified of being pushed onto the tracks, and no one helping me (like what happened to that guy in NY).

But those who can't borrow a car from their parents? The gaps between rich and poor here in Sweden are bad, but it's even worse in the US…

I've coached kids where the families doesn't have access to a car. The parents have to take bus WITH their kids everywhere they go, to and from practice, friends and everything. They can't shop at the big supermarkets, only at the small, local stores near them (which is more expensive). Every aspect of their lives become difficult because of it.
That's a completely different issue than mommy and daddy can't get me a car for my sweet 16th.

Here's the reality in the U.S. - if you don't have a car or access to decent public transportation you have to mold your lifestyle around that. Or move somewhere where public transportation is available. But isn't it like there everywhere?

Whenever we go in Europe we are always so jealous at how well the buses and trains service the cities and suburbs. Our rail system is so antiquated and no one wants to put the $$ into it to make it better. I'm just grateful I can now take the Long Island Railroad to the airport (although somewhat indirectly) as long as someone can give me a ride to the train!

And for the food inclined

an-upper-east-side-burger-hut-that-puts-patties-on-donuts

And for our neighbors to the north
poutine-quebec_38038_600x450.jpg

And because that gross me out, fries my way
IMG_0315.jpg

I think food is the only safe thing we can all agree about on here :p and that certain people's puppy pictures aren't that cute and are actually disturbing. (I really tried to censor the P word but pu**y, p***y, and other various combinations didn't really work well for obvious reasons...)

I know you aren't talking about me now.

Great, now I'm starving. Off to eat my second meal in 6 hours.

Problem solved...

**Big shout out to the Boarder that tagged me in the "Cute Puppy" pictures on the other FB. You are the best**

What in the world is that second picture??

Poutine; it's fries and gravy with some sort of cheese. Apparently it's huge in Canada.

I know you aren't talking about me now.

Problem solved...

**Big shout out to the Boarder that tagged me in the "Cute Puppy" pictures on the other FB. You are the best**

You need to be sent to the dog house...like now!

Cheese curds. It's more popular in Quebec and areas with a higher Francophone population. But most fast food places sell it now. (But would you really trust McDonald's to make decent poutine?)

I don't even trust McDonalds to use real meat in their food. LOL

Don't we already have a thread going about food? I'm going to close this now since we have plenty of threads for random summer discussion and we're completely off track now.

Back