All-Star Dallas Hotel

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 21, 2010
OK...my girls have been palced on their teams...I have a comp schedule...now I need an inside track on a great place to stay in Dallas? We are willing to rent a car.....but we are ok to stay downtown as long as there are places to eat close by...one year we stayed at the hyatt I believe...it was expensive and far away from any food...can ya share your favorite place to stay in Dallas...we are a family of 4...:) thx

Here are a few i can think of right off the top of my head..
Magnolia Hotel Dallas
Sheraton Dallas Hotel- great hotel!
& the W hotel
My personal favorite is the Renaissance Dallas Hotel. SO pretty -but its not like RIGHT downtown

Luckily my mom finally just decided to get a apartment downtown since were there so much for cheer

Here are a few i can think of right off the top of my head..
Magnolia Hotel Dallas
Sheraton Dallas Hotel- great hotel!
& the W hotel
My personal favorite is the Renaissance Dallas Hotel. SO pretty -but its not like RIGHT downtown

Luckily my mom finally just decided to get a apartment downtown since were there so much for cheer

yay..thank you..I will check them out...your mom sounds cool!!!

We stayed at the Indigo and it was fun. Small hotel (historic I guess) and had people from all sorts of teams. The bar/restaurant downstairs got pretty rowdy with Moms at night! LOL! But it had decent food and good room service. It was walking distance to some good restaurants. Ok neighborhood if you avoid the 7-11. There was a free shuttle to the Convention Center but it will depend on your hours since the prime hours can prove quite a wait (since everyone wants to get on) They are willing to overload the van so fit as many as possible. Avoid taxis in Dallas. The drivers charge you $2 extra for each person so the $3 cab ride to the Convention Center ended up costing $20!

The Aloft, its right accross the street from the convention center. No need for a car! Make sure you got hrough sales department for the discounted cheer rate.

Also, there will be a new hotel (Omni I think) opening this year. It is attached to the convention center. Best to jump on that one early.

I just reminided myself, thanks :)

Wow you are so lucky that they give you the schedule so soon. We usually don't get ours until September.

IMO the closer you are to the venue in Dallas the better off you are. I was there for 1 month and stayed by the Galleria Mall which is north of the Convention Center. It was a nice area and there is a Westin connected to the Mall. You would need a car though if you stayed there it is approximately a 20 min. drive.

Make sure your gym doesn't have a "team" hotel. One thing that caught me off guard was the rental car and the toll charge. Check the rental car company and there policy on toll charges since you cannot pay at the toll. Our rental company charged us $20 a day and we only went through 2-3 tolls the entire trip.

We stayed at the A Loft 2 season's ago.

Le Meridian last season. (Across from Galleria)

Although I enjoyed Le Meridan better as a hotel, it was very convenient to be at the A Loft and there are food options around as well.

Wow you are so lucky that they give you the schedule so soon. We usually don't get ours until September.

IMO the closer you are to the venue in Dallas the better off you are. I was there for 1 month and stayed by the Galleria Mall which is north of the Convention Center. It was a nice area and there is a Westin connected to the Mall. You would need a car though if you stayed there it is approximately a 20 min. drive.

we get our schedule at try outs.

The only thing about having a hotel close to the convention center is that the only true close food is a mcdonalds down the street. Most actual restaurants are in the Victory Park area by the American Airlines Center on the other side of downtown. The area by the Galleria is also nice because you have a ton of restaurants in the mall as well as any shop you could ever think of, though it's technically in North Dallas and therefore a bit further away. If you're planning on just being at the convention center all day, I'd go for something close and maybe pack your own food or stay in the Victory Park area...... If you're wanting to leave the competition for awhile though for food and shopping, you might look into the area by the Galleria.

Back