High School Del Val Cheer Program

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 9, 2012
Anyone have any thoughts abt the Del Val coach That has been told they are not rehiring her?
She has coached an amazing program ... I don't get it... People are mad, it's In the paper, and a petition is circulating. All the AD said was he wanted the program to go into a different direction??? What? They have been so successful the past 10 years... So what gives?
Outrage follows ousting of nationally-ranked cheerleading coach | NJ.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Anyone have any thoughts abt the Del Val coach That has been told they are not rehiring her?
She has coached an amazing program ... I don't get it... People are mad, it's In the paper, and a petition is circulating. All they the AD said was he wanted the program to go into a different direction??? What? They have been so successful the past 10 years... So what gives?

Ugh, I could feel that this would be bad news as the page loaded.

ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS! IN EXACTLY WHAT "DIFFERENT DIRECTION" DO THEY PLAN ON TAKING THIS NATIONALLY RANKED PROGRAM? WHERE ELSE CAN YOU GO BUT DOWN???

I really hope this isn't their little euphemism for "no more competition or selective skill requirements" or something. Absolutely heartbreaking. From what I've heard about the program, the girls absolutely adore her.

Ugh, I could feel that this would be bad news as the page loaded.

ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS! IN EXACTLY WHAT "DIFFERENT DIRECTION" DO THEY PLAN ON TAKING THIS NATIONALLY RANKED PROGRAM? WHERE ELSE CAN YOU GO BUT DOWN???

I really hope this isn't their little euphemism for "no more competition or selective skill requirements" or something. Absolutely heartbreaking. From what I've heard about the program, the girls absolutely adore her.
Seems quite personal... I mean the program is ranked top 10 every year and placed 1st a few years ago!
Kimi has a love for it... I have heard whispers it's more personal than business, and that the AD just hates cheer.
Frustrating!

Seems quite personal... I mean the program is ranked top 10 every year and placed 1st a few years ago!
Kimi has a love for it... I have heard whispers it's more personal than business, and that the AD just hates cheer.
Frustrating!
Ugh. The cynical part of me thinks that the AD knows that girls won't return if Kimmy isn't coaching, and so the program will disintegrate-->no more cheer-->the AD is happy.

If this is happening because the AD hates cheer, I'll be disgusted. Who is unprofessional enough to allow their personal bias against a sport to control their decision to keep or eliminate it?

@jscoach210 Now that I think about it, this could very well be sabotage. Wasn't the start of their season was delayed in 2015 because they apparently hadn't received a recommendation to hire a coach, and the girls were still waiting in April? Or did I read the article incorrectly?

@jscoach210 Now that I think about it, this could very well be sabotage. Wasn't the start of their season was delayed in 2015 because they apparently hadn't received a recommendation to hire a coach, and the girls were still waiting in April? Or did I read the article incorrectly?
You are correct! They made kimmi reapply for her position, and there was more drama over her position earlier this year.
Not sure what the issue is... Maybe one mad former cheerleader / mom on a witch hunt?

You are correct! They made kimmi reapply for her position, and there was more drama over her position earlier this year.
Not sure what the issue is... Maybe one mad former cheerleader / mom on a witch hunt?
That would piss me off. The woman would be approaching Fab 5-Level bad behavior.

Sounds kinda like whats going on at my cheer gym... :/ Best of luck to you guys!!!!!!!!

She has coached an amazing program ... I don't get it... People are mad, it's In the paper, and a petition is circulating. All the AD said was he wanted the program to go into a different direction??? What? They have been so successful the past 10 years... So what gives?

Wow! I've not heard anything. I follow them on instagram and the last post I remember seeing was all positive talks of next season and how awesome the 10 years of the program have been.

Ugh. The cynical part of me thinks that the AD knows that girls won't return if Kimmy isn't coaching, and so the program will disintegrate-->no more cheer-->the AD is happy.

If this is happening because the AD hates cheer, I'll be disgusted. Who is unprofessional enough to allow their personal bias against a sport to control their decision to keep or eliminate it?
Lots of people are that unprofessional. What the AD doesn't realize is that a disintegrated program = unhappy cheerleaders, unhappy complaining parents and unpleasant comments from the community. When everyone is used to seeing good cheerleading they take it for granted. When it becomes bad he will hear it.

I read the comments in the article. I'm sure we'll never know the real truth. It has to be hard for the coach though. She's spent 10 years there. Clearly putting up with a winner of an AD. If it were me and after all of this they end up renewing the contract, I don't know if I would even take it. It's her program but if the administration clearly doesn't want you there and is being forced to rehire you, do you want to be in that environment? I feel like there's no win here.

Wow! I've not heard anything. I follow them on instagram and the last post I remember seeing was all positive talks of next season and how awesome the 10 years of the program have been.

Lots of people are that unprofessional. What the AD doesn't realize is that a disintegrated program = unhappy cheerleaders, unhappy complaining parents and unpleasant comments from the community. When everyone is used to seeing good cheerleading they take it for granted. When it becomes bad he will hear it.

I read the comments in the article. I'm sure we'll never know the real truth. It has to be hard for the coach though. She's spent 10 years there. Clearly putting up with a winner of an AD. If it were me and after all of this they end up renewing the contract, I don't know if I would even take it. It's her program but if the administration clearly doesn't want you there and is being forced to rehire you, do you want to be in that environment? I feel like there's no win here.
Exactly. The whole thing is ridiculous.
I don't think I would stay either... Hopefully they all can get it together !

This is true. He might rehire her just to stop the complaining, but it'll be a weird situation. Check their Twitter, they've been discussing it on there.

This is true. He might rehire her just to stop the complaining, but it'll be a weird situation. Check their Twitter, they've been discussing it on there.
link or word to search? I don't really follow any cheer people on twitter so i never see stuff.

I have heard through a varsity rep that it is the AD who truly dislikes cheer and does not like them competing and sees no point to it. He also does not like Kimi, personally.
What a hot mess and sad situation for the team.

Back