Describe Your Program

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Not sure why your location is such a secret.. but back in July you posted a picture of your teams bow from last year.. The bow is from a Team called Total Impact Cheer in Marysville, WA.. They are an allstar team (This will be their 2nd year) This is also the team that you posted asking if they were good enough for Worlds... Of course now you are saying you are only with a rec team... Again not sure why your team changes every other week and your location every other month... But good luck this year and hope to see you at competitions in the Pacific North West.
I do two teams, allstar and rec, and I do not cheer at Total Impact. They are just one team i was thinking about joining, but i changed my mind. Alright? Alright.

Not sure why your location is such a secret.. but back in July you posted a picture of your teams bow from last year.. The bow is from a Team called Total Impact Cheer in Marysville, WA.. They are an allstar team (This will be their 2nd year) This is also the team that you posted asking if they were good enough for Worlds... Of course now you are saying you are only with a rec team... Again not sure why your team changes every other week and your location every other month... But good luck this year and hope to see you at competitions in the Pacific North West.

Y'all, this is a MINOR. If she were a mom, like you, and wanted to keep her CP's info secure, even if she had slipped and revealed something in the past, you would respect her wishes. Don't put her info on blast just because you can. I get that Emme isn't in the cool kids club here, bit seriously, keep in mind that she's a kid, and let her move on. For real. This is absurd.

Y'all, this is a MINOR. If she were a mom, like you, and wanted to keep her CP's info secure, even if she had slipped and revealed something in the past, you would respect her wishes. Don't put her info on blast just because you can. I get that Emme isn't in the cool kids club here, bit seriously, keep in mind that she's a kid, and let her move on. For real. This is absurd.
Thank you!!!!

Let's not hold kids to standards that we would hold for adults.

Besides that I think most of us have learned (or maybe should try) to praise in public and punish (i.e. berate) in private.

There is a lot of good information about Rec programs being shared here, let's keep it to that please.

Getting back to the topic. The teams I work with started with a local Bill George Program and didn't compete (we also wore t-shirts and carried GIANT poms... oh the 90s) We moved to Pop Warner, then to AYC, and now we are with United Youth Football and Cheerleading. In the end UYF is a lot like AYC and Pop Warner.

If we place first in the UYF Regional Comp we go to Nationals in Florida. If not, we go to the Illinois Recreational Cheerleading Association State Competition. Teams generally do three IRCA sponsored competitions a year to get a bid to state (info on IRCA can be found here)

We have several levels that cheer for all football games and compete on the side. U7, U9, U11, U12, U14.

I am interested to see how rec cheer develops this year around the area with the allowance of high school students to participate as Freshmen and Sophomores.

Any parents, please PM me to let me know if you want to be added to the Parent Section.

There you can add to the parent-only Rec section and share/vent/ask questions in a drama-free atmosphere.

i'm on a rec team that charges $100 a month plus fees for other things like the uniform, competitions, etc. we do level 5 stunts like lib variation double downs, full ups to extensions, low to highs, etc. we have some people who can't tumble and some with very good tumbling such as standing fulls. we have around 25 people on the team. there are also many lower level teams and a special needs team.

My CP cheers for one of our town teams in the U12 division under the New Hampshire Youth Football & Spirit Conference. She cheers at all the 6 th grade football games and competes in 3 local competitions and States. Her team can move onto Regionals and Nationals depending on placement at States and Regionals.
The age divisions are
U6
U8
U10
U12
U13
U15
We pay a yearly registration fee of $150,fundraising and volunteer deposit of $250
We also pay a $100 uniform deposit with sneakers, bows , briefs being extra. We get both deposits back as long as we fullfill our commitments and the uniform is returned in good shape. If the team moves on in competitions there are additional travel fees.

i'm on a rec team that charges $100 a month plus fees for other things like the uniform, competitions, etc. we do level 5 stunts like lib variation double downs, full ups to extensions, low to highs, etc. we have some people who can't tumble and some with very good tumbling such as standing fulls. we have around 25 people on the team. there are also many lower level teams and a special needs team.
Where do you cheer? And do you get a lot of competition at level 5?

Wow! I wish, I wish, I wish....There is a registration fee....compared to what I've seen so far, it is nothing. It was free until 3 years ago (maybe 4 at most). There are costs for sneakers, bows, bloomers/spanks and corps. There are also some additional costs for competitions.....here is the issue, we can not make any of it mandatory. The best we are able to do is have a breakout competition team only. So everyone cheers at the games and additional prictices with the girls that choose to do competition. This helps a bit, but even so it is still a major issue, because the one thing I really really want to do, we can't....and that is to make tumbling mandatory. With the fees you are able to collect, we could have new(er) competition uniforms and get the girls in a gym to tumble at least once a week....there's sooooooo much we can do for the girls with that......but we can't. Who knows, maybe our Rec program will make some new rules........
Also quick question what is the age group and grade? Just wondering, because for Rec (I know we have many varying ideals of what Rec is, but) through 6th grade are not allowed to do the stunts you are describing....so I'll assume the girls are in 7th grade or above?

There are two rec programs around me (two Pop Warner and 2 JDL)
The first is CFL Outlaws. It's Pop Warner and the cheer portion is competitive. There's Tiny Mights, Mighty Mights, Junior PeeWee, PeeWee, Junior Midget, and Midget for ages 4 through 8th grade. From their site: The Outlaws are coming to town! Creeks Football League
(CFL) has adopted the “Outlaws” as their new association name. Having merged early in 2011, St.
Johns Sports Association and Creeks Football League are moving forward under one united name.
Angelo Vespi, CFL Board president, noted, “The sole purpose of Creeks Football League has always
been – and continues to be – to benefit the children of our community. I am pleased that we have
come together as a board and as a community to serve young people who are developing football and
cheer abilities, as well as leadership and teamwork skills.”
Serving nearly 600 players in St. Johns, CFL met some impressive milestones during the 2011 season. Four out of seven football teams advanced to the city playoffs. Head Coach Don Abbey led the Pee Wee Knights to win the Greater Jacksonville Pop Warner City Championship and to compete through two rounds of regional competition, playing the state’s top teams in Lake City and Tallahassee. This is a first for CFL and great honor for the dedicated coaches and players.
Each of the League’s five cheer teams advanced to regional competition as well. Cheer director Shanna
Bragg shared, “We are so proud of the 160 young women who are dedicated to the sport of
cheerleading. We hope to create well-rounded athletes through hard work, dedication, respect and
team commitment.”
Beyond athletic accomplishment, CFL promotes academic excellence for young athletes. Creeks
Football League players and cheerleaders are consistently recognized with top honors and scholarships at the Annual Greater Jacksonville Pop Warner Scholarship Banquet.
Dedicated to teaching good sportsmanship, teamwork and responsibility, CFL also encourages good
citizenship. Attending the County Commissioners meeting in August this year were over 150 players,
cheerleaders and coaches who supported the Parks & Recreation budget request. The budget was
approved, but perhaps more importantly, young citizens learned how their voices can make a
difference in local government.
The Outlaws association name is new but the League’s mission remains unchanged: Creeks Football
League directors, coaches and volunteers will play a key role in positively shaping the lives of promising athletes and future community leaders in St. Johns County.
They also have JDL (Junior Development League) with the Jaguars as the mascot that I help coach the cheerleaders. We have one squad of about 20 or so girls ages 6-12.
Second is PVAA that offers JDL (non competitive) and Pop Warner.
1. Junior Development
· A recreational and fun team sport
· Friendships are made and team work is a must
· Non-competing and non-traveling squad
· Practice 2 days per week
· Attendance is extremely important for practice
(Please discuss this with your child)
· Ages: 7-14
· Cost: $160.00 per child
Jr. Development football & cheer was formed several years ago as an alternative to the Pop Warner program to allow children to learn the fundamentals of the sport in a less competitive manner and with no travel requirements.
2. Pop Warner Cheerleading
· A competitive and fun team sport
· Friendships are made and team work is a must
· Three (3) or more unexcused absences, cheerleader is unable to compete/could be asked to be removed from squad. FULL participation at practices, games, and competition are REQUIRED. (Please discuss this with your child)
· Advancement opportunity to Regional Competition held Thanksgiving weekend at Silver Spurs Arena in Orlando.
· Advancement opportunity to National Competition held in December at ESPN Wide World of Sports in Disney World.
· Parents are responsible for their childs transportation to all scheduled events
· Ages: 5-15

You must be from Jacksonville. I cheered Pop Warner in the greater jax area for about 10 years.

Rec cheer is poorly defined and represented format of cheer across the country. Some areas treat it just like All Star, some don't allow competition, come are a mix of competition and cheering for a pop-warner style team. There are many different versions of local, state, and multi-state associations or governing bodies.

Describe your rec cheer program, the governing structure, fees, competitions etc. so everyone can learn from each other. Links to your organization web site are great too.
I coach a Senior Rec team in NJ, we compete UCA and are going to UCA Nationals next month. We compete locally and follow UCA rules, and attend Regionals to qualify for Nationals. The team name is Jr. Streaks. We are a true rec program. Our girls all cheer for their football programs and we compete from October through February. The girls are ages 10-14 and are very talented. We are in our 3rd season and have placed 2nd previous years at UCA Nationals. Good luck to all the teams this season.

I coach a Senior Rec team in NJ, we compete UCA and are going to UCA Nationals next month. We compete locally and follow UCA rules, and attend Regionals to qualify for Nationals. The team name is Jr. Streaks. We are a true rec program. Our girls all cheer for their football programs and we compete from October through February. The girls are ages 10-14 and are very talented. We are in our 3rd season and have placed 2nd previous years at UCA Nationals. Good luck to all the teams this season.
Hi and welcome to the boards.....so now I know what team. You guys are awsome.....good luck at Nationals and I am sure I will be seeing you all before Nationals.

Back