Diary Of A Secret Cheerleader Web Series

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 23, 2012
Hey ladies.

I am a freelance writer/writing assistant and a job of mine recently allowed me to get a preview of Cheer Channel's upcoming web series Secret Diary of an American Cheerleader. Now understand me when I say that I have been a tomboy most of my life and cheerleading has never been a top priority or interest for me. Its safe to say that the only time that I've flown through the air is when I was tightly securd to an airplane seat. I expected to be uninterested and possibly slightly amused by some fake stunts, bad acting and unrelatable material.... I WAS WRONG.

I must say that I was refreshed to say the least when I saw it. This isn't your typical "Gimme a B, gimme an A, gimme a D" type of show. It's about real girls, with real problems and real life. The best part is, there are actual cheerleaders performing actual routines. The storyline ebbs and flows with ease and the plot makes sense. My only complaint would be that it wasn't longer.

The show airs on www.cheerchanel.com on Monday, May 28. Take a look, I did. Now... I'm hooked. ;-)

We're all cheerleaders here - you don't have to tell us this isn't you "Gimme a B, gimme an A, gimme a D" type of show. We know exactly what cheerleading entails.

And we're not all ladies.

Excuse me if I've offended you. But I'm just being honest. Everybody knows the cheerleader stereotype: untouchable, flawless, popular, mean, hardworking as hell, but somehow dumb and don't forget the pretty... It's an unfair but prevalent stereotype. Cheerleaders have been in a category of their own for a long time, and this show actually goes deeper into real life and shows cheerleaders in a real life way... as athletes, and as people with problems.

The fact that someone, not in that line of work, could relate to a show about an arena of life that they are unfamiliar with is a triumph for the writers, actresses and even the cheerleaders it represents. And I'm sorry, but "Bring it On" and everything that followed it was trash. This is the first time I've ever seen people in showbizt ake cheerleading seriously, and depict it as such. This show, by the way, is the FIRST web series dedicated to cheerleaders.

As far as all of you not being ladies... my bad. But regarding the show, the entire cast of cheerleaders is female.

Have a great day! :)

Back