All-Star Disney Decisions. . .

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 1, 2011
Hello all,

I will be taking my CP to disney this spring for the UCA All Star Nationals and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about what is fun for a tween to do? We've been to Disney before but never for a Competition and I'm just not sure how tired the kids get/how difficult it is to get to the parks from the venue etc. We are fortunate enough to be staying a day or two on either side of the event but I'm still not sure what to book in terms of dining etc!

Any and all suggestions are welcome :)

If you want something really fun The Contemporary resort has a character breakfast and dinner called Chef Mickey's. There's also character dinners/breakfasts at The Crystal Palace in the magic kingdom, at the grand floridian resort, and at the wilderness lodge. If you want something more laid back there are regular restaurants at Downtown Disney like the rainforest cafe and Cap'n jacks.

I suggest eating Beaches and Cream at Disney Beach Club for a great meal and inc cream, then heading over to The Boardwalk afterwards.

So I just googled boardwalk and it sounds like a smaller downtown that doesn't take 45 minutes to get to from the allstars. Has anyone been there during worlds? If its not as crowded it might be my Saturday night destination.

i love this competition. it is so layed back!! the parks are so much fun to do after you compete.. i suggest downtown disney :)

O'hana is my favorite place to eat there...but we usually do the dining plan so without it it'd probably be really expensive!! Tony's in MK is good. Also Prime Time 50's Cafe in HS is really fun! They also have stuff like Planet Hollywood and Rainforest Cafe downtown.

I LOVE O'hana, those noodles are off the chain!!!! So will have to agree.

Before I went to Disney for the first time, I was looking for reviews on certain places and restaurants and found this site:

http://reviews.wdwinfo.com/

Customer reviews on everything from rides to hotels, shops and dining. It's really helpful and there is TONS of pictures, too!

mama melrose's in Hollywood Studios has really good italian food and has a classic italian restaurant feel. I know you said she is a tween, but if she is still into princesses there is a princess lunch in norway in Epcot that is really fun too.

Hello all,

I will be taking my CP to disney this spring for the UCA All Star Nationals and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about what is fun for a tween to do? We've been to Disney before but never for a Competition and I'm just not sure how tired the kids get/how difficult it is to get to the parks from the venue etc. We are fortunate enough to be staying a day or two on either side of the event but I'm still not sure what to book in terms of dining etc!

Any and all suggestions are welcome :)
ok so you are talking to the one and only cheerleading Disney Castmember in the whole cheerleading world! I work at Disney's yacht and Beach Resort and Disney's boardwalk! I can literally tell you anything you need to know and Ive literally almost eaten everywhere on property (seriously...) so if you have any questions on anything feel free to ask! people say they have the "insiders tips" but they just think they do...castmembers keep that stuff for ourselves! so just PM me anything you are wondering about! 8O

I love Disney World and go often. While I may not be as reliable as PullandPray, I can give you the kid's perspective, as well as a lot of research based and one behind the scenes tour info. The one thing I can say is GET PARK HOPPERS!!!! They allow you to jump back and forth from park to park an unlimited number of times during your stay. Eat in Epcot, ride a ride in Hollywood Studios, and see the fireworks in MK. Disney transport will shuttle you from park to park in less that 10 minutes. I'm 17 and here are some things I still love to do in each park (I love everything in the parks but here are reviews form other kids who've been with me):
Magic Kingdom:
  • Space Mountain
  • Mad Tea Party
  • Mickey's PhillharMagic
  • it's a small world
  • Pinocchio Village Haus-has good lunch food
  • Haunted Mansion
  • Big Thunder Mountain
Animal Kingdom:
  • It's Tough to be a Bug
  • Kilimanjaro Safaris
  • Pangani Forrest Exploration Trail- lot's of walking, not good for tired cheerleaders
  • Expedition Everest
  • Finding Nemo: The Musical- This is my favorite show in all the parks. See it. Love it. Be amazed. It's awesome
  • Pizzafari is good for lunch or quick dinner
  • Festival of the Lion King
Epcot:
  • Spaceship Earth
  • The Seas with Nemo and Friends
  • Electric Umbrella has good burgers, a little greasy
  • Living with the Land- Go on this ride. You get to tour Disney's hydroponic greenhouses which are so cool. Like watermelons from the ceiling and nine pound lemon cool. But it's a boat ride so no walking :)
  • Test Track
  • Mission: SPACE- did not make me sick, but rides never do. The warnings freaked me out more than the actual ride
  • World Showcase: Spend some time here. There are few rides, but some really cool stuff. Plus a lot of characters hang out in their native lands
Hollywood Studios:
  • Rock'n'Roller Coaster
  • Beauty and the Beast Live
  • Fantsmic!- Must see! Combo of fireworks, lasers, audio-animatronics, and real life actors. One of my favorites
  • Studio Backlot Tour
  • The Magic of Disney Animation- cute little video, plus once inside find some hard to find characters and learn how to draw a character taught by a Disney animator.
  • Toy Story Midway Mania- make use of the fastpass on this one
Over I have to final tips:
1. Have CP wear a bow in each park. Characters love to play with them, cast members will ask about them. It's a great way to get involved with the park.
2. Pin trade. Another great way to interact with cast members. Not only does Disney sell pins but UCA does too! Great souvenirs.

I have a more complete guide I take with me that includes where to find characters, plus interesting facts about the park and places to look for magical surprises. If you're interested, PM me.

Boma Restaurant in the Animal Kingdom Hotel & Cinderella's Dinner in the Grand Floridian hotel are my two favorite places to eat. The food is DELICIOUS. Since they're located in restaurants and not actual parks, they're not crowded.

Latest posts

Back