All-Star Divisions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 4, 2012
Can someone please explain unlimited, open, limited, international, etc. People have tried to explain it to me but i just don't get it

Unlimited and limited actually no longer exist but they were senior divisions meaning ages 12-18. Unlimited meant that you could have as many boys as you wanted and limited was up to 4 boys. There was small and large limited small being up to 20 people and large being up to 36 people, both with only up to 4 boys. There was also semi-limited coed which was 36 people, up to 12 boys. Now there is small coed (20 people, 4 boys), medium coed (30 people, 6 boys), and large coed (36 people, 18 boys).
International and open pretty much mean the same thing. International Open 5 is 14 and older, there can be people older than 18, whereas in senior you can't. There is also Open 6 which is like college level stunts which is ages 17 and older.
Hopefully this helps you a little

Open is basically another age group after senior, it's probably easiest to think of it that way, though the age ranges differ between the 3 open divisions. Open 4, Open 5, and Open 6.

International means that it's a worlds eligible open division. I think there might have been a distinction between Open and International before, but they're basically the same thing as luv2cheer92 said. People usually refer to Open 5 and International 5 to distinguish it from Senior 5.

Since other countries don't follow our age grid, they go off of the International designation since for many of them their "senior" teams are older than our senior teams, so they compete in the International divisions, which, to them, aren't really open teams. If that makes any sense.

Open 4 is NOT international since it's not a worlds division, it's also only a trial division for now.

And I've actually seen competitions separate Open 6 and Open International 6 for those going for worlds bids and those not, which is just weird.

Back