All-Star Do You Think We Need Tighter Security At Cheerleading Competitions Because Of Recent Events

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

One thing that drives me insane about bag checks is when they are done under the guise of security and then my granola bars are confiscated. I tend to avoid places that use bag checks to force me to buy their food inside. (At a minor league baseball bag check I actually had a single granola bar confiscated in a "security" check)
I worked security for a Mexico, USA soccer game at our big "Alamodome" quite a few months ago.

We wanded everyone and checked bags.
I didn't really wand anyone but I tell u, not one person who was wanding in any lines near me actually had it go off. Lol so they have to not work all that great.

And I was searching bags, I will say I was queen of bag searches and got a lot of food or drinks out of people's bags.

I also caught all the horn and noise maker smugglers and flags on sticks that I made people leave behind.

Once the game got started me and all the other security workers split all the drinks and food we got out of bags that was unopened. It was like I went grocery shopping! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I worked security for a Mexico, USA soccer game at our big "Alamodome" quite a few months ago.

We wanded everyone and checked bags.
I didn't really wand anyone but I tell u, not one person who was wanding in any lines near me actually had it go off. Lol so they have to not work all that great.

And I was searching bags, I will say I was queen of bag searches and got a lot of food or drinks out of people's bags.

I also caught all the horn and noise maker smugglers and flags on sticks that I made people leave behind.

Once the game got started me and all the other security workers split all the drinks and food we got out of bags that was unopened. It was like I went grocery shopping! Lol

When I worked at a waterpark we checked bags and took opened drinks out of bags and anything in glass. We always took so much out but it all had to be thrown away. Once a girl kept a snapple after the person who had to leave it told her she could and she got fired that day for it. It was crazy.

I have several choice words about clowns but none of them are acceptable for this thread.

The EotS kinda creeps me out. It reminds me of this horror book I read as a kid about this little wind-up clown doll that, every time it's wound up, gets closer and closer to killing you. It has razor sharp teeth and the kid watches it escape out the window after it tried to kill someone in his family. Heck no thank you.

I'd probably do that thing where the parents every so often 'stage' their kids toys (toy dinosaurs mostly) to make them think they come alive while they're asleep. It's super creative.

Peeves- the only poltergeist I like :p Although side note: please all enjoy the movie 'The Haunting in Connecticut.' And then feel free to come see the house, it's down the street from where I grew up :D Drive by it all the time when I'm home.
So it was based on a true story? Like for real? That's terrifying. That movie scared me when I first saw it.

So it was based on a true story? Like for real? That's terrifying. That movie scared me when I first saw it.

"Based in a true story" doesn't mean it's all true. There's speculation to what actually happened. The same with the Amityville happenings. Most times movie people take the bones of the story and exaggerate everything for the scare factor.

I'd love series of well done movies based on Ed and Lorraine Warren though. Not like "based on a true story" but actually based on their true stories.

"Yes?" As in it's a real house but is it haunted- no lol. So the house it's based on is across the street from a cemetery. The one where most of my father's family is buried oddly enough. Coincidentally, a lot of the houses on that street are cemetery-related. The one on the corner (where the second half of my street connects perpendicular to the street the 'Haunting in Connecticut' house is on), for example, is a house/business for headstones. There are a lot of older houses there, and it's one of them. I DO think it used to be a morgue/ funeral home, AGES ago. I think the headstone business also doubles as a funeral home. Most of them have just become regular houses, but I can't imagine it's fun time living next to a really, REALLY old cemetery.

In other fun historical facts- several ancestors on my MOTHER'S side founded the town of Canton, CT in the 1600s. Thank you, William Case. We old as dirt lol.

"Based in a true story" doesn't mean it's all true. There's speculation to what actually happened. The same with the Amityville happenings. Most times movie people take the bones of the story and exaggerate everything for the scare factor.

I'd love series of well done movies based on Ed and Lorraine Warren though. Not like "based on a true story" but actually based on their true stories.
That makes it slightly less scary. Still creepy as h*ll.

That makes it slightly less scary. Still creepy as h*ll.

The best way to not be cared of a scary movie is to look up what actually happened. 9 times out of 10 it's completely over exaggerated and makes you feel a lot better after. For example:

Movie Annabelle vs Real Annabelle
75df0ab3ea234dea77e785cd7bb807a1.jpg

Movie Chuckie vs The doll Chucky is based off of (Robert the Doll)
8ba57acc668d7b9bd92dbe2a6d7004dc.jpg

See? Not so scary after all!

The best way to not be cared of a scary movie is to look up what actually happened. 9 times out of 10 it's completely over exaggerated and makes you feel a lot better after. For example:

Thanks! Haha I'm always that person screaming and covering my eyes in scary movies.

And I'd still be scared of those dolls, tbh. Dolls creep me out a lot. [emoji854]

Robert (the real one) scares the ever-living crap out if me, and the fact that Raggedy Ann looks cute and harmless makes her/it 1000x scarier.

All KINDS of nope.

Robert (the real one) scares the ever-living crap out if me, and the fact that Raggedy Ann looks cute and harmless makes her/it 1000x scarier.

All KINDS of nope.

The Robert story is pretty scary, I won't lie. And the fact that you have to ask it's permission to take its picture is even creepier. There's probably some really dark stuff going on with that.

The Annabelle doll doesn't scare me too much. It's story isn't scary, just weird. It helps that it's locked up though :p ETA: I'm glad that the Robert doll resides in Florida though and I'm in the Northeast. Never moving there, bye.

I'd absolutely love to take a tour of the Warrens Occult Museum. I hope that when Lorraine passes away they open the museum someplace else (it's apart of their house and they only do private showings, I believe) and allow for public viewings. I'd go in a heart beat.

No way in he** I would have three of those dolls in my house. I actually hate dolls.

**Suzie's asking for her double for Christmas**

The Robert story is pretty scary, I won't lie. And the fact that you have to ask it's permission to take its picture is even creepier. There's probably some really dark stuff going on with that.

The Annabelle doll doesn't scare me too much. It's story isn't scary, just weird. It helps that it's locked up though :p ETA: I'm glad that the Robert doll resides in Florida though and I'm in the Northeast. Never moving there, bye.

I'd absolutely love to take a tour of the Warrens Occult Museum. I hope that when Lorraine passes away they open the museum someplace else (it's apart of their house and they only do private showings, I believe) and allow for public viewings. I'd go in a heart beat.
Have you ever watched Haunted Collector? It's about a family that finds items in homes that are haunted.

**Suzie's asking for her double for Christmas**

Lol so I looked up the Robert story. I literally was getting chills reading it. Lol I doubt I'm sleeping now.

Latest posts

Back