All-Star Do You Think We Need Tighter Security At Cheerleading Competitions Because Of Recent Events

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I hate Elf on the Shelf. It's creepy and just one more unnecessary thing to do in an already too busy time of year. I don't understand why the elves have to cause trouble and make messes? If the point is for the kids to be good, why are the elves bad? And better question why do these parents have all this extra time to make elf messes only to clean them up at this time of year? I will never have one in my house. Hopefully future children don't come home from a friends wanting to know why they have an elf and we don't.
Ours just moves to different places in the house to monitor the kiddos. He took a r/c dune buggy for a spin, rode a tank the other day and repelled down the chains from our ceiling fan. Today he's sitting on the door to the linen closet. My son gets a kick out of looking for the elf each morning and asks when he's arriving.

Poltergeist scared the snot out of me as a kid. I was terrified of mirrored closet doors and closets with lights in them for a long time. When house hunting I refused one house because of the mirrored closet doors. It just made me uncomfortable.
I. Hate. Clowns.

Poltergeist scared the snot out of me as a kid. I was terrified of mirrored closet doors and closets with lights in them for a long time. When house hunting I refused one house because of the mirrored closet doors. It just made me uncomfortable.
Same here and my daughter and her friend made me take them to see the new one. I still hate that movie! My uncle told me our hometown was Indian for dead and our 100+ year old house was built on a graveyard. So at 14 when I came downstairs in the middle of the night to use the one bathroom in the house, I made the mistake of looking out the front window and someone was there. Ran right back up the stairs screaming, certain it was dead bodies popping out of caskets.

Same here and my daughter and her friend made me take them to see the new one. I still hate that movie! My uncle told me our hometown was Indian for dead and our 100+ year old house was built on a graveyard. So at 14 when I came downstairs in the middle of the night to use the one bathroom in the house, I made the mistake of looking out the front window and someone was there. Ran right back up the stairs screaming, certain it was dead bodies popping out of caskets.
It was the paperboy, BTW. Early morning paper.

I love, love, love horror movies. The only one that has ever gotten to me was Candy Man. My eldest sister got it based on name alone and my parents were out of town, my sister & brother & I stayed awake until the sun came up and I didn't shut the bathroom door for a few months. Aside from that, nothing bugs me.

Thanks to good ole' Monster High CP wanted to know who Poltergeist was; his son is in the Haunted movie, and after begging and begging and begging to watch the movie we relented. She loved it and laughed at the scary parts. She told me she saw something on YouTube before clicking it off and I was able to figure out it was a trailer for It. I told her no way to that one until she's at least 13. Clowns are creepy enough.

I definitely think the Elf is creepy and while I'm glad some parents don't use it in the 'you're being watched' mentality, I know plenty who do and that in itself is alarming. While I may not jump on the professor's theory, the rationale behind it makes sense---perhaps not in the short term, but potentially in the long term. It can be said that a lot of things in history happened despite people believing it never could---Hitler ringing any bells? I'm not a conspiracy theorists, personally, but I do find them to be nothing, if not, fascinating to listen to. However, I also know the Elf would never last in our house---DP would have that thing killed in no time. Who knows what she'd actually do to make it go away, but it would...she does not like to be looked at by family members or peers, the Elf wouldn't stand a chance.

Wow LOL. So Krampus is really a fictitious character and not just some creepy movie?

Not just a fictitious character... In some places in Austria they have Krampus parades. People dress-up like Krampus and walk through the streets to frighten children. Some children even get a visit from Krampus in their home. A family member told CP that Krampus paid a visit to her brother one year. This wasn't a made up story. Someone dressed as Krampus actually came into their house to scare her brother and it was terrifying for her and all of her siblings.

I. Hate. Clowns.
I have several choice words about clowns but none of them are acceptable for this thread.

The EotS kinda creeps me out. It reminds me of this horror book I read as a kid about this little wind-up clown doll that, every time it's wound up, gets closer and closer to killing you. It has razor sharp teeth and the kid watches it escape out the window after it tried to kill someone in his family. Heck no thank you.

I'd probably do that thing where the parents every so often 'stage' their kids toys (toy dinosaurs mostly) to make them think they come alive while they're asleep. It's super creative.

Peeves- the only poltergeist I like :p Although side note: please all enjoy the movie 'The Haunting in Connecticut.' And then feel free to come see the house, it's down the street from where I grew up :D Drive by it all the time when I'm home.

That's how I feel about clowns. Once in class we had to write down our top 5 fears, I put spiders, spiders, spiders, clowns and clowns lol. Then in that Poltergeist scene, it just reinforced my hatred of clowns.
I'm glad I'm not the only one scarred for life by Poltergeist!

Not just a fictitious character... In some places in Austria they have Krampus parades. People dress-up like Krampus and walk through the streets to frighten children. Some children even get a visit from Krampus in their home. A family member told CP that Krampus paid a visit to her brother one year. This wasn't a made up story. Someone dressed as Krampus actually came into their house to scare her brother and it was terrifying for her and all of her siblings.
That's really messed up. Did he know the person?

That's really messed up. Did he know the person?

I am sure it was someone their parents knew. It is a small village. It sounds like some parents of extra naughty children ask Krampus to visit their houses during the Krampus run/parade. I know this tradition was banned in some areas for a long time, but it is making a comeback. I didn't even know CP knew about Krampus until this year. She overheard me tell my husband about Krampus and CP chimed in with, "If you are really bad, Krampus comes and takes you to the North Pole and hits you with sticks until you are good." :eek:

Back