High School Docking/speakers Recommendation

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 18, 2016
Does anyone have any recommendation for a docking station that would be loud enough to be heard in the gym for basketball game half times? The way our gym is set up, the PA system is in a closet across the hall from the gym, so I can't see the team and play their music at the same time. It's a pain and I'm trying to find another solution.

Bonus points if it's portable so that our JV and Middle School programs can use it at football games since there is no band at those games.

Does anyone have any recommendation for a docking station that would be loud enough to be heard in the gym for basketball game half times? The way our gym is set up, the PA system is in a closet across the hall from the gym, so I can't see the team and play their music at the same time. It's a pain and I'm trying to find another solution.

Bonus points if it's portable so that our JV and Middle School programs can use it at football games since there is no band at those games.

I recently purchased a Rockin Roller 2 portable system from our local Sam's for $149 for our team. It's designed to be a portable PA system for small wedding parties and such. It's pretty loud, blue tooth compatible, has an advertised 100hr battery life (I haven't really tested this, but I borrowed one from someone for nationals practice time and didn't have to charge it all weekend), etc.

It's great for practices, but I'm not sure how it would be in a gym full of people. I guess it would largely depend on how rowdy your crowd gets.

ETA: we had no trouble hearing our music over the teams around us at all star sports resort with it.

That was actually one of the ones I was looking at, so I'm glad you have good experiences with it. Our gym is definitely not spirited, one of the many things we are trying to improve in our second year with this program. Thanks!

We are on our second block rocker. I highly recommend! First one I got from new egg, last one I got at Costco. Upgraded to get Bluetooth, not because the first one broke or anything!

Amazon.com: Ion Audio iPA76A Block Rocker Portable Bluetooth Speaker System with Microphone, AM/FM Radio, USB Charge Port, and Wheels and Handle for Transport: Musical Instruments

It's portable (on wheels with adjustable handle), has a microphone, radio, bluetooth capabilities, place for an iPhone/iPad etc to sit, and holds a charge so you don't have to have a plug. It has a usb to charge your device (came in handy for me a lot!) I'm pretty sure (never tired so don't quote me) that you can sync two together if needed.

We have used it in a basketball setting. It's nothing like our gym sound system but loud enough for everyone to hear.

We've used it outside at games and clinics and again not as loud as an installed system, but plenty loud for all to hear!

The real test was the Nationals field practice on Friday at allstar sports. It was loud enough over the craziness for our individual groups to hear, but sometimes not loud enough for the whole team if we spread out and ran it. That's only because everyone else's block rockers were blasting and there's a ton of yelling echoing between the buildings. Rare situation but it still wasn't that bad! When the field empties it is plenty loud!

Back