All-Star Documentary On World Cup Twinkles!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Wouldn't know that but assuming these youth age girls have skillls nailed down at this point, one would think they have the inside track and the best shot to make SS when they're old enough.

Of course , there's no guarentee. because they're other Senior 5 teams are very strong and a number of them move to SS eventually. Just as a little league all-star is no automatic to play HS varsity ball. In fact, in baseball, the percentages are low that the same little league all-stars make HS varsity baseball.

The question was already answered. I was more curious on how many kids stick it out all the way to Senior year and how many do not. It is a tough, expensive, time consuming sport which many families are not willing to commit to. I believe the answer was 14 kids which is pretty good. Other girls on Stars probably started later with WC and of course some come from other gyms.

Wouldn't know that but assuming these youth age girls have skillls nailed down at this point, one would think they have the inside track and the best shot to make SS when they're old enough.

Of course , there's no guarentee. because they're other Senior 5 teams are very strong and a number of them move to SS eventually. Just as a little league all-star is no automatic to play HS varsity ball. In fact, in baseball, the percentages are low that the same little league all-stars make HS varsity baseball.

Not to go too far afield, but the Little League thing is easily explainable. Some boys mature earlier than others. Those who develop early can run throw and hit the ball better than their 12-year-old peers. When they get to high school puberty levels them all out. Those who depended only on those superior strengths will fall back to the pack. Those who honed their skills and knowledge of the game will continue to excel.
The difference is very evident in soccer as well. Those smaller players often learn more ball control, and that's what they need when they get to varsity competition.

Not to go too far afield, but the Little League thing is easily explainable. Some boys mature earlier than others. Those who develop early can run throw and hit the ball better than their 12-year-old peers. When they get to high school puberty levels them all out. Those who depended only on those superior strengths will fall back to the pack. Those who honed their skills and knowledge of the game will continue to excel.
The difference is very evident in soccer as well. Those smaller players often learn more ball control, and that's what they need when they get to varsity competition.

Exactly. I can point to numerous examples of kids of this in youth soccer. In fact, one of the best players that ever came out of our program actually didn't even make our elite travel team his first two years.

I'm new to the board but I'm so happy to see that a NJ team is going to be featured!

My DD goes to another NJ gym and this is her first full year in Senior Level 2 - she did half-year after the Rec Comp season last year and is now absolutely in love! One of her cheer friends is going to be on the Twinkles this year and she really looks up to the team!

Funny you should ask... I was watching some of the video editing session yesterday afternoon and got goosebumps all over again.

The text and photo editing is nearly complete. We haven't gotten very far on the iPad app, but the video is coming along very well. Unfortunately I don't think we'll be ready this month. Nyier shot so much good stuff, and we need to keep trimming it down. It is in the hands of a great video editor now, and he's adding titles and such. We're getting closer.

As for seeing it on TV, we won't shop it around until we finish it. We hope to get it on NJTV and Channel 13 out of NYC. We'd love to get it broadcast wider. We expect to imbed the whole video, plus DVD extras, in our tablet app. And of course it will be posted on nj.com, our digital hub.

As for Cheer Perfection... um. We think we ... um.
It's nice to see cheerleaders get some recognition.
Our project is different, and we hope you will like it.

Will the video be available to people abroad? I live in England and would love to watch it, but some American websites don't allow videos to be viewed by people outside of the US.

I'm not aware of problems accessing our videos from overseas. If you can see this:

Preview of 'The Twinkles: Chasing perfection' - Video | NJ.com

... you'll be able to see the finished documentary. If not, let me know and we'll do something to ensure it will be available overseas.

Edited to say the nj.com preview version is not HD. We're working on a way to improve that too. The Vimeo version in the first post of this thread is a lot clearer.

I'm not aware of problems accessing our videos from overseas. If you can see this:

Preview of 'The Twinkles: Chasing perfection' - Video | NJ.com

... you'll be able to see the finished documentary. If not, let me know and we'll do something to ensure it will be available overseas.

Edited to say the nj.com preview version is not HD. We're working on a way to improve that too. The Vimeo version in the first post of this thread is a lot clearer.
Yes I can see the preview video, thank you! :)

Back