High School Double Downs

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I know this is a few days late but...
I'm watching the level 4s at Jamfest right now, and every team that has done doubles from extensions look like dying fish squirming. Not one team has made them look neat. Please just make it pretty from a prep. SOO much better.

is it tre that they might be making double downs illegal in high school cheerleading?
some coaches were saying how they are dangerous and there are safety issues but maybe thats just here in my state

I could see that. They took out tick tocks for this year (unless they are braced), and you can't even full down on a basketball court, so I could definitely see them taking out doubles for next year. I haven't heard any talk of it.

is it tre that they might be making double downs illegal in high school cheerleading?
some coaches were saying how they are dangerous and there are safety issues but maybe thats just here in my state
I live in MA, and I heard that they were going to do this within the next few years, and make more of a focus on load ins. I think it's an extremely smart idea, because only a few teams can execute double downs correctly. So many teams do them and I fear for the poor flyers life, not mention how many girls & bases/backs probably get hurt at practice trying to do them !

I live in MA, and I heard that they were going to do this within the next few years, and make more of a focus on load ins. I think it's an extremely smart idea, because only a few teams can execute double downs correctly. So many teams do them and I fear for the poor flyers life, not mention how many girls & bases/backs probably get hurt at practice trying to do them !

my freshman year a girl burst her spleen doing a double down

is this proposed for a rule country-wise? or for certain states.
if it is for the whole country.. it would greatly effect schools here in South Carolina.. and southern schools in general

this year, NFHS rules say you can single on a gym floor, but you can double on a mat, grass, or other 'softer' surface. i have heard some buzz lately that they are making doubles illegal for HS teams across the board next season because so many teams are throwing them with poor technique. it seems like every couple of years we hear they might be banned, but they haven't been yet. I think there is even a section in the NFHS rulebook this year that mentions if doubles aren't taken more seriously with proper technique on the appropriate surfaces, they will be banned.

this year, NFHS rules say you can single on a gym floor, but you can double on a mat, grass, or other 'softer' surface. i have heard some buzz lately that they are making doubles illegal for HS teams across the board next season because so many teams are throwing them with poor technique. it seems like every couple of years we hear they might be banned, but they haven't been yet. I think there is even a section in the NFHS rulebook this year that mentions if doubles aren't taken more seriously with proper technique on the appropriate surfaces, they will be banned.

Did NFHS ever completely outlaw full downs on the gym floor like AACCA did? My assistant coach at the university I coach at also coaches at a high school. We were irritated that her high school could full down on the basketball court (NFHS rules), and our college (AACCA rules) could not.

from a prep you have your arms and legs doing the work but in a full its just your legs so i feel like a prep is easier

Back