Dropping Chest

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

ok I'm going to give u the advice that my daughter was given in gymnastics and I used the same technique when I coached little one and was teaching them BHS

With a spotter of course until u get it or on a bouncy air mat/tramp something safe
in your sitting position, push your feet down, don't lift toes of ground but almost tilt down until you get the "falling back feeling"... that feeling is the alarm to push off the ground all the way to your toes, as you go back you hips should be pushing up to the sky... (I used to tell my mini "belly button to the ceiling", obviously lock your arm by your ears but they aren't glued to your head either (some girls become mechanical robots and tend to stop the natural movement of your body to finish the handspring)... your hands should be touch the ground almost or literally a millisecond after your feet leave the ground, pushing your hips up with continue the momentum and always always squeeze your legs (those thigh muscle nice and tight... its your core and your thigh muscles that help finish the movement....and you should push off the ground before your feet touch again because if feet touch and hands are still touching the floor (I was told) its a touch down... that's where those should taps and push ups etc come in handy...

To me a beautiful handspring and a correct one is when the gymnast or cheerleader literally create and arch or a rainbow with their bodies... remember everything is muscle memory so correct the mistakes before your body gets used to doing them wrong then bad technique is harder to correct

hope this helps some

So here's a website that has different videos and some of their tips I used to teach little one and it really works... I didn't do all of them and there were many I already knew about.... maybe you can find something here to help you out as well... they have tons of videos... I also used the drills for Back handspring one... not all the drills cause we didn't have a huge facility but I was able to do a few things that helped the beginning girls... this was during the summer may/june and by December (I wasn't coaching anymore but they would come to the gym my daughter was attending to tumble and the tumble coach said they had great technique and most were just mental blocks) so obviously some of those drills did really work... I know the videos are gymnastics but the goal is to do it correctly and not get injured... so with that said take your time don't feel pressured to get it immediately... I use to pressure my daughter cause her technique was perfect but she would only do it if she was spotted and preferably by me... even her tumble coach would say to me I don't know how you did it cause she has it perfect but her mental block is killing her... well she shocked us all by one day saying i'm throwing it and she did... lol now shes learning more and moving up to tucks... 2 1/2 years of spotting someone with technique and finally she threw it lol... so what i'm saying is don't rush it... you will fully get it when you're ready...

So here's a website that has different videos and some of their tips I used to teach little one and it really works... I didn't do all of them and there were many I already knew about.... maybe you can find something here to help you out as well... they have tons of videos... I also used the drills for Back handspring one... not all the drills cause we didn't have a huge facility but I was able to do a few things that helped the beginning girls... this was during the summer may/june and by December (I wasn't coaching anymore but they would come to the gym my daughter was attending to tumble and the tumble coach said they had great technique and most were just mental blocks) so obviously some of those drills did really work... I know the videos are gymnastics but the goal is to do it correctly and not get injured... so with that said take your time don't feel pressured to get it immediately... I use to pressure my daughter cause her technique was perfect but she would only do it if she was spotted and preferably by me... even her tumble coach would say to me I don't know how you did it cause she has it perfect but her mental block is killing her... well she shocked us all by one day saying i'm throwing it and she did... lol now shes learning more and moving up to tucks... 2 1/2 years of spotting someone with technique and finally she threw it lol... so what i'm saying is don't rush it... you will fully get it when you're ready...
I don't believe that you posted the website. ;)

Back