All-Star End Of The Year Banquets

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

love:
~getting little awards like: perfect attendance, certain gpa's in school, best jumper, bomb base. fun things like that, whether it's a medal, mini trophy, or certificate.
-also, a little something for everyone on the team. sometimes we have gotten embroidered bags, a keychain, or a cup.
~slideshows of teams through the years
~something speacial for the graduating seniors
~good music
~coaches speach about each team

hate:
~bad music
~bad food
~unorganized
~when only certain people get awards, at least make sure everyone on the team gets something, and then have the speacial awards

We just had our annual Black & White banquet Friday night and it was excellent. Everyone wears black and white and it was held at a local plantation. Everyone got a trophy in a graduated size depending on how long they'd been cheering for our program and a team picture in a frame. It's such a fun way to end the year'

We just had our annual Black & White banquet Friday night and it was excellent. Everyone wears black and white and it was held at a local plantation. Everyone got a trophy in a graduated size depending on how long they'd been cheering for our program and a team picture in a frame. It's such a fun way to end the year'
awww thats soo cute!

love awards!
we do
Rookie of the Year
MVC (most valuable cheerleader)
All Shark award (overall amazing athlete, attitude, skills, active around the gym, helping out)
most improved

These awards are really fun! and my gym uses old tophies from like the yr b4, and just puts a new plate on it (where it would say like 1st place or something) and put the award name and year!

Love the slide show
Love trophies for every athlete
Love it to be short and simple

Don't like long banquets
Don't like it costing a lot of money

Love the idea of a graduated trophy to represent how long you've been at the gym

Love: when parents take the roll to plan and organize. As a coach I have a lot of other stuff going on and don't want to add banquet planner to my list of things to do.

Hate: when parents take the roll to plan and organize. As a coach I'll admit I'm a little controlling and I have somewhat high standards. I just want to make sure its done well.

Its somewhat a lose lose situation! This past year was the first year I planned it, and according to everyone (and my own opinion) was our best to date. The only request was for it to be longer - it was almost 2 hours with socializing, dinner, awards, videos, and pictures. To me thats long enough! The girls just didn't want it all to be officially over.

We had ours last night and it was the longest banquet I had ever been to haha. It was from about 5:30-9 and pictures were supposed to be after but I had to leave right after the video was over because I live an hour away :( But it was fun!

Interesting - our program doesn't do a big end-of-the-year banquet. We hand out senior awards at our end of the season showcase, and each team plans their own party.

We don't have any kind of end of the year banquet either. This has always made me sad, I remember even cheering for rec as a kid the banquet was a big deal and TONS of fun. :/

Hopefully once we are merged we will have one next year. :)

love:
- seeing everyone dressed up & not in practice clothes/uniforms!
- the end of year slide show
- coaches speeches
- all of the pictures taken as our last memories of the season

hate:
- when it hits you the season is over
- that there are only a couple of awards for each team so not everyone gets something.. (pretty sure it's changing this year we didn't have ours yet)
- seeing all the seniors get upset i end up crying too :'(

it's bittersweet since the banquet is usually the mark where the season is over & i hate not being able to ever be with those exact teams again but also it's really excited for the upcoming seasons tryouts ahead!

Latest posts

Back