All-Star Espn Worlds Coverage Dissapointment

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

They should have at least posted a picture of each team that won. We worked hard for our title, and to not even get a mention? That just seems ridiculous. They showed smoed and sparkle but not us... And that makes me angry; but for the gyms that only one team won that didn't get mentioned such as orange is ridiculous. All teams that won need a little moment of fame.

I'm late to this party, but every year I feel disappointed in ESPN's coverage. With all of the hours devoted to repeats of the same stories year-round, even the most mundane sports story, they can afford another hour of Worlds coverage and NOT repeat one their other shows 5x that day.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

They should have at least posted a picture of each team that won. We worked hard for our title, and to not even get a mention? That just seems ridiculous. They showed smoed and sparkle but not us... And that makes me angry; but for the gyms that only one team won that didn't get mentioned such as orange is ridiculous. All teams that won need a little moment of fame.
did they even show medium senior at all either? cant remember

oh no that means no f5 then at worlds. someone must remember to video that routine, for future reference of course. :p however i doubt ill need to remind anyone to do so.

Just as a side note, remember that EPSN is an American company who is going to cater to American teams. Even if Varsity is producing the show, they are an American company as well. I don't even get EPSN in my area in Canada. It's not even an option. Worlds will never air here as far as I can tell. Just as when I watch the Olympics on TV, mostly Canadian athletes are features, with a few of the top athletes from other countries. Varsity focusing on some top American teams fits the demographic of who they are broadcasting to.

As well, everyone here wants to watch Worlds, but how many others not involved in cheer care to see it. Most people I know will flip the channel when (if??) cheer comes on cos they just don't care. Losing those viewers costs ESPN money in advertiser dollars and will affect how much time they are willing to give to Worlds/Varsity.

Everyone here seems to want a "true" Worlds experience shown, yet no one mentioned OAG 6, where the top 3 teams were all from different countries. I agree that the top 3 from each division should be shown, or even the winner of each division, if there's no extra time available. But Varsity/ESPN is going to show those teams that will market best (level 5, larger teams, American teams) because for them, the bottom line if money, not which teams are the best and those are the teams which will appeal best to the watching demographic.

Back