European Gyms Or Programs

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I personally feel that the uk system is more similar to the us than the of Europe part from one EP. I am currently at a gym with 30 athletes and 2 teams senior 1 and 3 we have quit a few over 18's as our country has no senior age limit

One EP holds a comp in Paris every year and a few teams from Sweden go but it's only starting to get more popular with uk teams.

I personally feel that the uk system is more similar to the us than the of Europe part from one EP. I am currently at a gym with 30 athletes and 2 teams senior 1 and 3 we have quit a few over 18's as our country has no senior age limit

One EP holds a comp in Paris every year and a few teams from Sweden go but it's only starting to get more popular with uk teams.

Yeah he comp in paris is quite popular among the southern teams in sweden. I know one of the two gyms close to me have gone there but the other i do not think have gone there yet theyre still new.

I love uk cheer and how it is growing. In the future i think that the UK teams can be a threat at worlds. and i love tat your gym is so small. i think that if i cheered i would rather be at a small gym than a large. ans the over 18 we have as well. no age cap rules!

Yeah he comp in paris is quite popular among the southern teams in sweden. I know one of the two gyms close to me have gone there but the other i do not think have gone there yet theyre still new.

I love uk cheer and how it is growing. In the future i think that the UK teams can be a threat at worlds. and i love tat your gym is so small. i think that if i cheered i would rather be at a small gym than a large. ans the over 18 we have as well. no age cap rules!

Uk cheer is quite big and I love it. Last year I was at a gym with 88-100 athletes that was their first year as a bigger program with 4 teams as they were only 2 team the previous year.

The problem with uk cheer is not very many programs have their own gym so either have to train in a school hall or work round a gymnastics gym which is easier said than done.

There are quite a few teams going to worlds this year who I think have a chance of doing well. In IOC5 I've heard unity black are strong and I have seen coventry dynamite ignite and if they hit it will be a great routine.
In IO5 unity ruby apparently are looking good

Uk cheer is quite big and I love it. Last year I was at a gym with 88-100 athletes that was their first year as a bigger program with 4 teams as they were only 2 team the previous year.

The problem with uk cheer is not very many programs have their own gym so either have to train in a school hall or work round a gymnastics gym which is easier said than done.

There are quite a few teams going to worlds this year who I think have a chance of doing well. In IOC5 I've heard unity black are strong and I have seen coventry dynamite ignite and if they hit it will be a great routine.
In IO5 unity ruby apparently are looking good

In sweden no one has their own gum. they practice in school halls or i gymasiums. The programs in sweden are growing as well. i think the one i am bound oo has around a hundred athletes in their secod year of existence! and they have a team going to worlds! Cheer Infinity Athletics Envy IO5 that is.

As ive said before the only problem i can see is that we dont really have coed teams. right now there is one team in IOC6 and then i know of atleast one in IOC5 but since they compete against the all girl teams in sweden still i dont really know about how many there really is. and the coed teams have never had the max of 12 boys either. but Cheer in sweden is still relativty small. so we are going to grow.

In Germany we do have a Level system and we are slowly adapting to the ICU/ECU rules
This current season we have

PeeWee 1
PeeWee 2
Junior 4
Junior 5
Senior 5
Senior 6

Of course also divided into CoEd and AllGirl, CoEd is also subdivided into Limited and Large

The Levels themselves are not really true to the ICU system yet, we are still allowed to to 2 1/2 high pyramids in Senior 5, aswell as flipping tosses , this will change eventually though

I have cheered in the UK for a year and i really liked their system, although it was very obvious that there are wayyy more strong lower level teams than higher level teams, this is probably changing right now though. But i think it is great because the lower levels are the important ones , it's the fundation for the higher level skills!
I really can not wait to eventually compete with ICU rules , i am all for a general equal system for all countries

In Germany we do have a Level system and we are slowly adapting to the ICU/ECU rules

PeeWee 1
PeeWee 2
Junior 4
Junior 5
Senior 5
Senior 6

Of course also divided into CoEd and AllGirl, CoEd is also subdivided into Limited and Large

The Levels themselves are not really true to the ICU system yet, we are still allowed to to 2 1/2 high pyramids in Senior 5, aswell as flipping tosses , this will change eventually though

I have cheered in the UK for a year and i really liked their system, although it was very obvious that there are wayyy more strong lower level teams than higher level teams, this is probably changing right now though. But i think it is great because the lower levels are the important ones , it's the fundation for the higher level skills!
I really can not wait to eventually compete with ICU rules , i am all for a general equal system for all countries

Well You have too start somewhere and your levels look fine to me.. sweden had a pretty coplicated system before we changed to the level system and we are still changing too. Thanks for your answer!

PeeWee 1
PeeWee 2
Junior 4
Junior 5
Senior 5
Senior 6

Last senior 2 was more prominent than senior 3 in the uk now more have got solid level 3. The strongest division has to be junior 2 though there is normally such a thin margin between last and the top rankings

In Slovenia we have the same rules as ICU/ECU. We dont have many cheer teams but its always fun at comps because we all know each other and always stunt, cheer for each other and have fun together. But I am so excited for Europeans this year because they will be in Slovenia! Cant wait to meet some of you. And if you have any questions about traveling and competing in Slovenia let me know and I will try to help :)

Last senior 2 was more prominent than senior 3 in the uk now more have got solid level 3. The strongest division has to be junior 2 though there is normally such a thin margin between last and the top rankings
i remember not having a lot of competition to go against in senior 4 but these days it looks like there are more and more level 5 teams coming along and they look good (loving ruby but always and forever a lady grenades fan )

i remember not having a lot of competition to go against in senior 4 but these days it looks like there are more and more level 5 teams coming along and they look good (loving ruby but always and forever a lady grenades fan )

There is more competition in coed 4 than senior 4 the level 5's are strong at the last comp I went to unity weren't there but cov was and I loved their routines ignite has to be my favourite though

There is more competition in coed 4 than senior 4 the level 5's are strong at the last comp I went to unity weren't there but cov was and I loved their routines ignite has to be my favourite though
Ignite is great, everytime i see a video they have improved, they are really doing exceptionally well!

Ignite is great, everytime i see a video they have improved, they are really doing exceptionally well!

I just think that they embrace english cheer so well. They have now got more tumbling so hopefully with place well at worlds and make finals as there are more than 3 coed 5 teams from england this year

When you are in Austria, where do you stay?
Maybe I can help you find a Gym for your Next visit :)

That would be great! We are usually there the last two weeks of August to the first two weeks of September. We usually stay with my cousin in Kostendorf (near Salzburg) until her children start school and then go to Wien for a week or two. But this year will probably be different as my husband will be on business in the UK in October. So we may visit him and then just visit my cousin for a week or so. It is still up in the air. I will have to keep you updated!

In Slovenia we have the same rules as ICU/ECU. We dont have many cheer teams but its always fun at comps because we all know each other and always stunt, cheer for each other and have fun together. But I am so excited for Europeans this year because they will be in Slovenia! Cant wait to meet some of you. And if you have any questions about traveling and competing in Slovenia let me know and I will try to help :)

Its my first time going to Europeans and i heard that last year Nfinity had a stand at the venue, and i was just wondering if you (or anyone else :D) knew if they are coming this year too?

junior all girl 4
senior all girl 5/6
senior coed (limited) 6

For years we've only stuck to a senior coed lv 6 team (senior's age grid is more like intl. open).
Then we added a junior team that was kind of competitive for a while but then suffered many changes in coaching staff in a short amount of time and became very inconsistent with many athletes completely new to cheer.
There are only two levels for juniors, at the moment 4 and 5. This will be the first season we're taking junior 4 to regionals. They've worked hard but I think it'll still be quite a journey to get them to a point where they are really competitive. But the coaches are working on it. :)
Besides the (limited) senior coed 6 team, we're currently also trying to get a senior all girl team started. Which has been rough due to no practice space and therefore sharing the tiny gym between coed and all girl.
I'll be coaching all girl but at the moment it's more of a group effort as I'm also competing on coed and coaching coed every other week when our headcoach isn't there due to his job.

So yeah, a bit complicated but we're going in the right direction and I'm hoping for more practice slots for the next season.

Back