European Gyms Or Programs

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

junior all girl 4
senior all girl 5/6
senior coed (limited) 6

For years we've only stuck to a senior coed lv 6 team (senior's age grid is more like intl. open).
Then we added a junior team that was kind of competitive for a while but then suffered many changes in coaching staff in a short amount of time and became very inconsistent with many athletes completely new to cheer.
There are only two levels for juniors, at the moment 4 and 5. This will be the first season we're taking junior 4 to regionals. They've worked hard but I think it'll still be quite a journey to get them to a point where they are really competitive. But the coaches are working on it. :)
Besides the (limited) senior coed 6 team, we're currently also trying to get a senior all girl team started. Which has been rough due to no practice space and therefore sharing the tiny gym between coed and all girl.
I'll be coaching all girl but at the moment it's more of a group effort as I'm also competing on coed and coaching coed every other week when our headcoach isn't there due to his job.

So yeah, a bit complicated but we're going in the right direction and I'm hoping for more practice slots for the next season.

Hoping fore the best for your gym. i know that several swedish programs have the same problem since we do not have gyms. they have to practice in gymnasiums and sports halls and some dont even have cheermats. there is a program in middle sweden that is competing for money for cheer mats right now. so i feel you.. Hoping for a big growth for your program and good luck at Comps!!

Hoping fore the best for your gym. i know that several swedish programs have the same problem since we do not have gyms. they have to practice in gymnasiums and sports halls and some dont even have cheermats. there is a program in middle sweden that is competing for money for cheer mats right now. so i feel you.. Hoping for a big growth for your program and good luck at Comps!!

I think that's where a lot of cheer programs in Europe are at - trying to do allstar cheer with a rec budget. The problem is that there are soooo many other sports kids can do with a rec budget and that's the reason parents aren't willing to spend so much money on cheer.
But that also means we have to practice in school gyms that usually don't have any appropriate mats.

I think that's where a lot of cheer programs in Europe are at - trying to do allstar cheer with a rec budget. The problem is that there are soooo many other sports kids can do with a rec budget and that's the reason parents aren't willing to spend so much money on cheer.
But that also means we have to practice in school gyms that usually don't have any appropriate mats.

yeah that is so true. cheer in sweden has grow rapidly the last years but ive hear from a friend (though i do not know how accurate the information is) that is on one of the newer programs prep team that quite a few people is quitting cheer after this season and she also says that peole are quitting cheer early beacuse of injuries on knees and their back because of the lack of spring floors.

Well i live in sweden too and obvi you know the levels so not gonna go through that haha. But yeah this is my gyms second season and we currently have around 100 athletes, and one guy woho.

This season we have: minis, youth level 2, non-competing juniors and a senior level 2.
For next season we have planned to have: minis, youth level 1 and 2, non-competing youth/juniors, junior level 1/2, senior level 2 and a senior group stunt(level 6). :)

Well i live in sweden too and obvi you know the levels so not gonna go through that haha. But yeah this is my gyms second season and we currently have around 100 athletes, and one guy woho.

This season we have: minis, youth level 2, non-competing juniors and a senior level 2.
For next season we have planned to have: minis, youth level 1 and 2, non-competing youth/juniors, junior level 1/2, senior level 2 and a senior group stunt(level 6). :)

Sounds good to have 100 athletes already! Good luck in the future!!

Back