All-Star Everything NCA 2022

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Thank you for whatever you did-- the results page actually makes sense today. It was driving me crazy yesterday not being able to see the Day 2 and Final scores unless I turned my phone sideways or something. On a regular computer it was impossible- it just showed Day 1 and cut off the rest.

On another note, the "Your best score counts" thing is a little silly considering there's an escalation in scores across the board on Day 2. It mostly made Day 1 pointless. I wonder how many teams were even missing on Day 1 because of weather.

I know of two teams that lost NCA because of this scoring. In one division the team won with their day one score and fell to the floor day two. In another division the team had enough falls day one that they would have been out of contention but they hit hard day two so they won. In both divisions the teams I know hit clean routines both days. It’s heartbreaking. One gym told their kids the other decided it was probably easier on them if they didn’t know but one was a senior team and one was a young junior team.

I wonder how much that happened today.

As far as who is crowd effective in global coed, I really enjoyed Smoed and Electric.

“Woah it’s smo” is really simple.
So is “Shock.”

Cobalt kept it simple in all girl. I liked ICE Queens too.

I honestly hate the cheers that just spell out their name, along with saying their colors. At least have some creativity.

Wait NCA doesn’t have priority parent viewing?

So what do you do if your kid is on a team everyone wants to see? (Ex: if you’re a Senior Elite or TGLC parent) You have to fight with the crowd? I feel like that’s crazy.
You get to the arena 24 hours before and hope there are seats available.

Question: I read on Twitter that Cali Blackjacks have won for the past 10 consecutive years. Has anyone else kept a title for that long or longer?

That’s funny but not. I would be sad if I never got to see my kid compete in person up close.
Unfortunately, for those big name teams, it does happen. The "fans" rush priority, leaving a lot of the parents to the back. I think it has gotten better, but it's always been an issue.

Question: I read on Twitter that Cali Blackjacks have won for the past 10 consecutive years. Has anyone else kept a title for that long or longer?

I don’t know about that long but some pretty long ones:

Cali Classics has quite a few.
One of the CA level 1s like KittyKatz or IBK.
CA Sassycats has had like 5
An ASR lower level (like Level 2) has like 5.

It's interesting to see the deterioration of the Small Coed division. It used to be hotly contested and exciting, but now it's basically an exhibition for BSB and nobody else is even close in score. The great teams that used to be in Small Coed are now spread out in a bunch of other divisions. The fact that there will supposedly be a separate "Limited" Small Coed division at Worlds for small gyms is one of the most unnecessary things ever created. The division is already heavily watered down from what it used to be, and it's sad that globes are going to go to teams that score low 90s- it kinda cheapens the prestige of getting a globe. Small & Medium Coed could easily be combined into one good division, I'd maybe cap the division at 26 athletes.

After so many years fighting for a seat in the arena, I am so glad to have been able to watch it from my living room and get up and pee whenever I wanted. I was losing my mind when the announcer was telling everyone to find a seat, and when multiple people including industry professionals were blaming the spectators for holding up the competition. If you have been there you know what a $hitshow it is - the vast majority of parents would much prefer to spend 5 minutes a weekend in that arena but NCA refuses to add a priority viewing, even though it is extremely doable. Parents have to get there hours before in order to get a seat or risk not seeing their kid perform even after paying the $50 admission. That's inexcusable yet NCA continues to add more teams and therefor more spectators. And this year they had the most popular divisions competing during the same block with less security which made things worse than ever. It's not the fault of the spectators (unless they were the jerks who insisted on saving seats for imaginary friends). It makes a very stressful and potentially dangerous situation even worse and it is irresponsible that Varsity refuses to address it.

Yes, I hate how they were blaming people standing up for delaying the competition. The spectators weren't the ones delaying the competition-- you selling way more tickets than seats in the arena is what was delaying the competition.

NCA has outgrown this small arena, so maybe it's a good thing it's getting knocked down. Find a more normal-sized arena so that everyone can easily watch their kid and not have to watch a routine from behind. And it's insane to not having priority viewing, I wonder what their reasoning is. If there's no guarantee you can even watch your kid, admission should be free.

Last edited:
NCA has outgrown this small arena, so maybe it's a good thing it's getting knocked down. Find a more normal-sized arena so that everyone can easily watch their kid and not have to watch a routine from behind. And it's insane to not having priority viewing, I wonder what their reasoning is. If there's no guarantee you can even watch your kid, admission should be free.
For priority viewing in the arena, you would have to have parents lining up either in aisles or at an entrance/exit and that's a fire code "no." In the larger convention rooms, that's not an issue because of the exits and open space.

Quote from a Dallas article on the new convention center <click here>:

"If you are beginning to feel your wallet shudder, let me point out that any millions or billions needed for the overhaul won't come from the taxpayers.....rather the hotel occupancy taxes and convention center revenue."

From another article <click here>:

"Also on the table are an estimated $500 million option to completely renovate the current facility, including turning the arena into new ballroom and meeting spaces."

I can find articles on expanding ballroom spaces and increased hotel taxes/CC revenue, but nothing about a larger arena. Do any of our Dallas people know if a new arena is even in the plans?

Back