All-Star Everything NCA 2022

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Congrats, PA Blacklight!
Screenshot_2022_0301_001551.jpg

After so many years fighting for a seat in the arena, I am so glad to have been able to watch it from my living room and get up and pee whenever I wanted. I was losing my mind when the announcer was telling everyone to find a seat, and when multiple people including industry professionals were blaming the spectators for holding up the competition. If you have been there you know what a $hitshow it is - the vast majority of parents would much prefer to spend 5 minutes a weekend in that arena but NCA refuses to add a priority viewing, even though it is extremely doable. Parents have to get there hours before in order to get a seat or risk not seeing their kid perform even after paying the $50 admission. That's inexcusable yet NCA continues to add more teams and therefor more spectators. And this year they had the most popular divisions competing during the same block with less security which made things worse than ever. It's not the fault of the spectators (unless they were the jerks who insisted on saving seats for imaginary friends). It makes a very stressful and potentially dangerous situation even worse and it is irresponsible that Varsity refuses to address it.
It's a shame the numerous added divisions have watered down the divisions that were once so fun to watch. There was still great cheerleading, but there were very few surprises at awards which used to bring some pretty amazing moments.

Wait NCA doesn’t have priority parent viewing?

So what do you do if your kid is on a team everyone wants to see? (Ex: if you’re a Senior Elite or TGLC parent) You have to fight with the crowd? I feel like that’s crazy.

Oh god it's a Top Gun team. I'm not really surprised anymore.

It’s one thing for a traditional division but I HATE their cheer being “We want magic! Show me magic!”

I’m afraid it’s going to start a trend in the global divisions where you cheer for random ish instead of your team which kind of defeated the reason for global in the first place.

Back