Express Up Help?!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 18, 2013
One of the stunt sequences in our routine this year has an express up to heel stretch. One stunt group cannot seem to hit it consistently and I do not know why. I have had the flyer do all the drills I can think of to ensure she is switching at the correct time and replacing her foot in the same place, but when you put her with the bases and back spot it just does not seem to click. There are times when it hits and times when she just floats up into the lib, or ends up practically sitting on her backs head. I do not if it is the bases and back spot or if it is the flyer, but we have a competition in 3 weeks and this needs some major help. What are some drills that you do for express ups? Any tips on making this stunt hit? Thanks!

Have you tried this group with a flyer that hits? The flyer of this group with a different group that hits? You might be able to isolate the problem. I've also found that it helps to have stunt groups that consistently hit watch the problem group for their specific position to see if they notice something different, ie the back from a consistent group notices that the back in the problem group is pushing the flyer forward, etc.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Agreeing with the poster above, try to switch the flyer with another group that is hitting the stunt and see if she can hit it with them. If she can, it's probably a problem with the bases/back. ;)

Back