All-Star Is This Dismount Legal??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 29, 2023
Is this dismount legal for level 3????

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8rsnjN5/

In our rec league, it’s classified as a half twist, so we’re okay to do it.

Attending a competition next week that has us following stunt and pyramid rules for USASF level 3.

But the USASF rules state from a single leg the twist can only be a quarter turn.

It’s been a while for me when it comes to competitive cheer (like 15 years lol!). Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!!!

It doesn't come under dismount rules as the back spot has contact with the arabesque leg throughout the whole twist so it's not released. I would class it as a half twisting transition from prep BP to cradle. We have competed this at USASF level 2 so you should be fine for level 3, although it won't be counted as level appropriate for scoring as it's a level 2 skill.

It doesn't come under dismount rules as the back spot has contact with the arabesque leg throughout the whole twist so it's not released. I would class it as a half twisting transition from prep BP to cradle. We have competed this at USASF level 2 so you should be fine for level 3, although it won't be counted as level appropriate for scoring as it's a level 2 skill.
Thank you so much!! I thought that was the case, since there’s continuous contact with the backspot. Just wanted to double check in case we were deducted points. I appreciate the reply!!!

Back