All-Star Extreme Moms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Gotcha. I'm glad for her kids that she isn't the total basket case that she portrayed on the show. Since you seem to know the family so well... Maybe you can warn them that me and a few hundred thousand other people who don't know her and saw the show questioned her parenting abilities. Glad you were here to clear it all up for me. I was given the wrong image after watching 30 minutes of this lady. Now I have seen the light... Keep speaking the truth :)
Dad did say they were thick skinned. But far more people now "think" she's what she portrayed then think she isn't and won't have the benefit of the truth. What a sad situation to create for yourself

People should formulate their own opinions of other and not go by what they are told. Don't pre-judge people. And don't judge parents by their children and vice versa. This goes for any situation. I go by my first impression of people. I am not always right but most of the time my gut feeling is. I hope they do a show on Extreme Dads an maybe they can see what Travel Baseball is like. Why is it always the Mom's. My son is a very talented 9 yr old pitcher. At age 8 he struck out a 13 yr old who is one of the best around. I wasn't there since it was during camp but the 13 yr olds Dad happened to be there watching. From what I heard it was quite a scene. He was kicked out of camp and our private training facility and plays in a different league as he had troubles in his league. Rumor has it that his wife left him over baseball. Moral to the story, I want to see Extreme Dad's!!!!

Ok, so let's remove the knowledge of the "who" actually appeared on the show, thoughts of the show if no one had previous knowledge of the participants?

I know your "friends" with the B family and everything but this couldnt sound more conceited if you tried. Im sure the kids at the gym have more worrying issues like the upcoming season than worrying who Gabi or Debbie are!
My gut reaction to this was...who cares who she is...I can appreciate a talented athlete and hope the best for them, but the post makes the poster sound a bit freaky

Ok, so let's remove the knowledge of the "who" actually appeared on the show, thoughts of the show if no one had previous knowledge of the participants?

poorly done attempt at a "sensationalized" reality show.

as a side note...Have only heard of Gabi Butler because of the boards and had no idea who her parents were or are except a preconceived notion they are dedicated parents.

I just wanted to say that I had the pleasure of meeting Riley and her mom Debbie today at a competition, where Riley was promoting the shoe line. They were so super nice. My CP asked for a picture, which Riley happily took with her. Debbie asked what team CP was on and promised to cheer for her. I told her we watched the show and she said she wished they would have aired more of what actually went on. It was great to meet them. They were very down to earth and couldn't of been nicer!

My thoughts of the show not knowing either one of the participants, it sucked! it was cheesy and poorly edited. There was an actual 12 mins of show. You go from working on a spring floor to a few panels at a local school. Talk about low budget. I was offered to be on a reality show many years ago. We would have been paid 100k. I spoke to the gym owner of the gym I was at and she said she would not allow them to film in her gym. My husband who is an attorney by the way said NO way. I said it would pay off all your student loans. He said NO WAY IN HELL! So, all that being said my husband would never put our daughter in this situation to promote a shoe! And have we even really hear anything about this shoe....NO! Like we need another brand of cheer shoe. Come on. A new uniform company that gets it done RIGHT AND ON TIME unlike "Not GK" ....well maybe I would push for that. LOL!

I am curious how many people watched. Regardless if the show was respected or well liked, if the numbers were high enough I bet they will try to make similar spin offs.

I am curious what the ratings were. Regardless if the show was respected or well liked, if the ratings were high enough I bet they will try to make similar spin offs.
The show is supposed to be a series. As I understand it, kids will compete against each other in different sports each week. Each kid/parent team only being on for 1 week.

The show is supposed to be a series. As I understand it, kids will compete against each other in different sports each week. Each kid/parent team only being on for 1 week.

Thanks for the info. I missed that.

I have to throw this in here: while it is true that many girls that do all star cheer have no clue who Gabi Butler is, there are definitely girls who do. If my girls could spend one day with any movie star, pop star, TV star, or athlete they would both pick Gabi Butler. They really admire her. They especially love her before and after stretch pics. They don't refer to her as a cheerlebrity, but as their favorite athlete.

It was one of the sorriest excuses for a show I had ever seen. I was watching Ultimate Dancer while wrapping presents and just left the channel there when I saw it was cheer related. The prize is to be the spokesman /model/whatever for a shoe company I have never heard of (not that that means much) and when I wasn't irritated at a mom, I was flat out bored. When they showed the three "judges" sitting there crammed next to each other, I thought they looked ridiculous. And if I understand correctly, the two girls are from the same gym? It just looked to me as though they walked into the first gym they saw, pulled any two girls off the mat and said "here, compete". There was nothing professional about it in any way as far as I was concerned, it was just a joke. It just seemed very slipshod and thrown together by people who have no clue what it takes to be a part of competitive cheer. And if I understand correctly from previous posts, this was something that had been in development for months - I would never have guessed that from what I saw.

It was one of the sorriest excuses for a show I had ever seen. I was watching Ultimate Dancer while wrapping presents and just left the channel there when I saw it was cheer related. The prize is to be the spokesman /model/whatever for a shoe company I have never heard of (not that that means much) and when I wasn't irritated at a mom, I was flat out bored. When they showed the three "judges" sitting there crammed next to each other, I thought they looked ridiculous. And if I understand correctly, the two girls are from the same gym? It just looked to me as though they walked into the first gym they saw, pulled any two girls off the mat and said "here, compete". There was nothing professional about it in any way as far as I was concerned, it was just a joke. It just seemed very slipshod and thrown together by people who have no clue what it takes to be a part of competitive cheer. And if I understand correctly from previous posts, this was something that had been in development for months - I would never have guessed that from what I saw.
The girls were not from the same gym. Amanda last cheered at Top Gun and the other girl's mother was the owner of a gym.

I have to throw this in here: while it is true that many girls that do all star cheer have no clue who Gabi Butler is, there are definitely girls who do. If my girls could spend one day with any movie star, pop star, TV star, or athlete they would both pick Gabi Butler. They really admire her. They especially love her before and after stretch pics. They don't refer to her as a cheerlebrity, but as their favorite athlete.
That is how my daughter is. It is funny. We will be at a competition and I will say take a pic with Gabi and she will be like Ma, I have enough pics with Gabi.

I can't even imagine. My younger CP has always felt like she lived in her sister's shadow and my oldest isn't a cheerlebrity by any sense of the word. And truth be told, my younger CP probably has more potential to be "noticed" than my older one. But she doesn't see it that way. Younger siblings always feel lost in the shuffle I suppose if they are in the same sport as their older siblings. To have an older sibling be so famous for what she does has to make that 10,000 times harder.

Thank you so much for posting this! I totally agree with you. My two CPs are 3 years apart. They both do All-Star cheer, school cheer and they both play the viola in their respective school orchestras... and to top it off, they look alike :rolleyes: so the constant comparisons between the two is ridiculous. (And I have to admit, I compare them sometimes myself, though I try really hard not to.)

Back