All-Star Fake Social Networking Accounts 2

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I didn't get my first phone until I was in 7th grade, it was a huge hand-me-down flip phone from my brother. I only got it so I could call if I needed a ride home from school and stuff. And I had to share it with my two sisters. I didn't get my on phone with textin until 9th grade. My little cousin (10) got her own iPad for Christmas (she got an iTouch either last year or the year before). But this is okay because "she's only child and has no kids to play with in the neighborhood and when her mom works from home she can't even talk to her during the day" Personally I don't agree. I'm pretty sure there was a quote like you said, but I can't remember it.

ETA: I hate when parents say it's okay for their 8 year old to have a iPad because they blocked the Internet. Kids aren't dumb and it's not that hard to unblock that kind of thing.

You're a few years younger than me (well more than a few) - I got my first phone, that I shared with my sister, in 9th grade. It was for rides home from school. I got my first phone for Christmas when I was a senior in high school, mostly because I was going off to college in the fall. It may have had texting, but I didn't use it. I didn't get unlimited texting until after I graduated college and bought an iPhone. To me, the fact that you had a phone with texting in 9th grade seems insane. High school kids with smartphones that their parents pay for seems crazy to me. It's just that the times, they are a changing.

The Internet was different when we were younger though. The worst we had was AIM. I'd like to think I would do what you're saying, but it's easier said than done when you're not actually in that situation and all of their friends have a fb or twitter. So I dunno, we'll see, but I will be closely monitoring it.
While that is true, I also grew up in a moderately stricter household, and my mother was totally ok with me not having things that other kids had (that might also be because we were struggling fiscally, but who knows?). I'm sure things will change by the time you and I have kids, but I'm sticking to my guns for now :p

totally off subject but you say mum, are you British? sounds like she did just fine :) but its def not easy keeping control of the internet access.
I'm not, but I have spent a fair bit of time near that part of Europe (Ireland). Old habits die hard. :D

You're a few years younger than me (well more than a few) - I got my first phone, that I shared with my sister, in 9th grade. It was for rides home from school. I got my first phone for Christmas when I was a senior in high school, mostly because I was going off to college in the fall. It may have had texting, but I didn't use it. I didn't get unlimited texting until after I graduated college and bought an iPhone. To me, the fact that you had a phone with texting in 9th grade seems insane. High school kids with smartphones that their parents pay for seems crazy to me. It's just that the times, they are a changing.

Oh it wasn't a smart phone! It was an EnV 2 I think. I didn't get a smartphone until this past summer, only because I was going to college.

Oh it wasn't a smart phone! It was an EnV 2 I think. I didn't get a smartphone until this past summer, only because I was going to college.

Oh yeah, I wasn't implying that you had a smartphone then, just saying that that has somehow becomes the norm.

now im feeling a little stupid for ever believing they're both real.. look at these tweets..

fiercesport Cheer is Everything
@Nicolle_Athena don't get snappy with me miss Kim Kardashian honey. Just cause you have a wip double whip double double

and

fiercesport Cheer is Everything
@Nicolle_Athena I wonder what it's like to be as gorgeous as you and a millionaire like you and have your tumbling

who would tweet that?!

My first shared phone with a sibling was an old motorola. Didn't flip open or anything, just looked like a regular handheld that had maybe 1 or 2 games on it. Hardly unlimited texting, and all I could do was call my mom.

My first shared phone with a sibling was an old motorola. Didn't flip open or anything, just looked like a regular handheld that had maybe 1 or 2 games on it. Hardly unlimited texting, and all I could do was call my mom.
My mom had a Navy blue one like that. The best thing about it was that game Snake. I remember thinking that phone was sooo cool.

I never got a phone until Christmas in 6th grade. Then my phone got messed up a year later and the keyboard would type gibberish, so my mom said I could get a new phone. I got a smartphone, 6 months later.... It was stolen. I just got the same phone although my mom was going to let me get whatever phone I want. Then 6 months later I got an iPhone. Needless to say we have 5 lines for 2 people.... :confused: I don't have a laptop or iPad. I just use my moms laptop when I need it. I sort of have bad luck with phones, this one has a bad battery but I've had it for a year as of today so that's good for me with my luck.

ETA: at my grandmas her computer is in the office so I could never "do something I wasn't supposed to"

Is it bad that I got my first phone in 3rd grade :oops: Granted, it was a pre-paid tracfone and it was only because I had started riding the bus home from school that year. It was more of an emergency use only thing. Then in 6th grade I got my first real phone, no internet and no texting, just phone calls. Then in 7th grade I got another new phone with unlimited texting, minutes, and internet access. Then I got a blackberry in 9th grade, an android going into 11th grade, and now an iPhone this past summer.

I also got my own laptop when I was in 8th grade, but it had to be used in the living room while my parents were there. But in 9th grade I could do whatever I wanted.

I got my first phone in 6th grade, because of my parents being split up I sometimes needed to call my mom or dad when i wasnt with them or with someone i could use their phone. I didn't get texting until 8th grade, no matter how much begging i did. I only got it though because we switched companies, and it was cheap to get unlimited. And i might get a new phone this year as a late birthday present, since i really want the gs3 :wasntme:
We still have a desktop computer at my house...but i have a chromebook my school bought everyone to use this year :rolleyes: I mainly use it for fierceboard..
But, even so. my mom still "creeps" on me while on it sometimes.

Did they have those 10-4 walkie talkie phones in the US? That clicked when you opened and shut them? Because those were literally the tea when I was in like... grade 6 jealous of all the kids who got them.

Did they have those 10-4 walkie talkie phones in the US? That clicked when you opened and shut them? Because those were literally the tea when I was in like... grade 6 jealous of all the kids who got them.
I remember these! My best friend had one it was blue and it is probably the fattest cell phone I have ever seen. But oh my lord were they durable.. We use to play street hockey in the halls with it

I remember these! My best friend had one it was blue and it is probably the fattest cell phone I have ever seen. But oh my lord were they durable.. We use to play street hockey in the halls with it

So jealous he had a blue one... I always used to play with my sister's pink one thinking I was the coolest person ever.

Back