High School Fan Section Help!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 27, 2013
We are trying to bring more school spirit to our school and to start, we are looking to give our fan section a fun name.

At my old High school we were the wildcats so our section was called The Cat Pack

For the high school I'm coaching at, I can't figure it out.

Any ideas on names and how to show more spirit would be great!

We are the Ridgewood Rebels.

We are trying to bring more school spirit to our school and to start, we are looking to give our fan section a fun name.

At my old High school we were the wildcats so our section was called The Cat Pack

No ideas for a section name, but I thought of this gameday idea a couple of days ago:

You buy a bunch of these 7" or 8" megaphones in your school colors (or amass a bunch of cardboard tubes and decorate them in your school colors). Fill them with cheap (but good) candy.

When you guys perform a crowd-leading cheer at halftime, have a couple of girls in front throw the candy-filled tubes/megaphones into the parts of the crowd that are the loudest. Make sure the crowd knows the rule: if you don't get loud, you don't get candy. The louder they are, the more candy they get.

Or the Rebel Rousers. I like rebel nation however. Our school spirit section - is always coming up with themes. Also each year several seniors take it upon themselves to be the spirit leaders. Last year a senior dressed as Moses and parted the Red Sea of students in the fourth quarter each game. And of course they need to learn the obligatory taunts for the other team. Have fun. I love listening to our student section

Or the Rebel Rousers. I like rebel nation however. Our school spirit section - is always coming up with themes. Also each year several seniors take it upon themselves to be the spirit leaders. Last year a senior dressed as Moses and parted the Red Sea of students in the fourth quarter each game. And of course they need to learn the obligatory taunts for the other team. Have fun. I love listening to our student section
That is awesome!

Rowdy Rebels? What are your colors? You could always tie a name to the colors too.

My high school does a "fan boot camp" for a couple of hours during summer. I'm not totally sure how it works since they started it after I graduated. But I think students come in and the AD talks about proper conduct for students (ex our mascot is the Indians so you can't do anything offensive, don't make fun of other teams, etc) and then I think the cheerleaders teach the students some of their crowd involvement cheers .
ETA: Usually the seniors in the stands kind of "run the student section" so I think a few seniors get up at teach the freshman stuff that the do that as well (ex the roller coaster thing)

Haha my high school did the Moses thing my senior year too! We only did it at one game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back