High School Favorite High School Team In Each State

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 12, 2011
I saw a thread for this in the All-Star section so I was curious what your favorite high school team is in each state? I know it's kind of hard because they are not as well-known. :)

North Carolina- Ledford High School Panthers!
if you don't know who they are, Erica Englebert & Molly Gibbons are on varsity, and Alana Z. was also but she graduated, I think.
:)
Of course I know who they are! They are so good, probably my favorite NC team, also!

In Illinois, Carl Sandburg and Lake Zuric are beast. Lake Zuric's routine looked like a L5 all-star routine this year.

Heres Lake Zuric

And heres Conant, which I didn't say before because I forgot them, but honestly I loved this routine and a bunch of people from my old team were on it when they won state so I guess I have a bias.

Love<3 these teams are so incredible. I have to secretly like Conant because im really good friends with some people from Lake Park and I was supposed to go there. I was taught from a young age to dislike Conant. But you cant deny they're amazing. hahah

Those teams are so talented! It's a shame they can't go to UCA or NCA.
I know! it stinks! The only reason why most Illinois teams don't go to UCA or NCA nationals is because something with its too big of a risk insurance risk for public schools and Illinois wont allow it unless you call yourself a 'club' and not a sport.But if your not a 'sport' you cant go to IHSA state. :/ its frustrating.

I know! it stinks! The only reason why most Illinois teams don't go to UCA or NCA nationals is because something with its too big of a risk insurance risk for public schools and Illinois wont allow it unless you call yourself a 'club' and not a sport.But if your not a 'sport' you cant go to IHSA state. :/ its frustrating.
I saw this being talked about in the thread about Kentucky calling it a sport and i saw that Illinois does. Now I'm not sure if it' better to be called a club or sport.

I saw this being talked about in the thread about Kentucky calling it a sport and i saw that Illinois does. Now I'm not sure if it' better to be called a club or sport.
I know, honestly its a bunch of old men that decide what is and what isnt a sport and also decide on the sanctions for each sport. The only HS teams that go to nationals in Florida from Illnois are extremly under-funded (is that even a word? ahha) because they dont get money because they arent 'sports'. Mehh theres no winning with the sports heads in high school.

I think it's funny that the IHSA recognizes cheer as a sport, but we still don't get the same treatment as everyone else. Our budgets are way lower, most schools don't have ample practice space for cheer teams (I can't complain here, we have our own gym at the school) and there is usually a limited amount of respect from the student body. Sometimes I feel like I am trying to fight a losing battle as a coach.

I did a report on girls sports and cheerleading not getting enough recognition a couple years ago. And what I found in one article is that girls sports in HS get $.75 for every $1.00 spent on boys sports. I also play softball for my high school, and all of our equipment is older and cheaper then boys baseball. And as for cheerleading, if football needs the field house because its raining (where we practice) guess who gets to practice in the hallways.. :banghead:

Back